Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
RE: 1am, nightmares of heart stopping keeping me awake
when reading leaks - where are you getting the leak information from? The message when you open Sleepy head??? It would be more instructive to look at the daily graph... you can upload snapshots to imgur or like and link to here for help. You have a nasal mask, so you are likely to be mouth breathing - were you parched dry this morning???
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2016, 11:24 PM)DariaVader Wrote: when reading leaks - where are you getting the leak information from? The message when you open Sleepy head??? It would be more instructive to look at the daily graph... you can upload snapshots to imgur or like and link to here for help. You have a nasal mask, so you are likely to be mouth breathing - were you parched dry this morning???

Yes, is the message in the sleepyhead program

[Image: dteKZpX.jpg]

I am learning to breath with my nose again but i am a mouth breather, I didnt get the face mask from fear if something goes wrong with the nose mask i can breathe with my mouth. I also got the nose one because is the one used in my sleep study.

Sounds like there is nothing to worry about just keep adapting

Post Reply Post Reply
**EDIT**

After 1 hour of fighting off the urge to open my mouth and get a rythm going with my nose mask, i started to dose off only to wake up gasping for air pulling my mask off, one of my nostrils was congested shut.

I grabbed my nasal mask and put it over my mouth while pinching my nose and that feels WAAAAAYYYYYY more natural... Im thinking of going to buy a full face mask tomorrow and try that.

definetly mouth breather... nose mask.. BADDDDD IDEA
Post Reply Post Reply
ezdrifler,

I haven't read your entire thread yet, but will. I experienced a lot of the same things you did before being diagnosed. Glad to see you've now been diagnosed and are receiving treatment. A few worlds of advice.

1. It takes time to adapt. Know that it WILL get better. At first i was more exhausted with cpap than without, because I couldn't sleep well with it. So if at first it's difficult, know that will end, and the benefits to your health and well being will be huge.

2. Losing weight is always good and might eliminate apnea. Just as often it doesn't. No matter what you do, please protect your health and use cpap for now.

Best of luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
to help with mouth breathing
  • Preferred if you can manage it is the tongue suck technique. place tongue on roof of mouth and suck lightly to form a slight vacuum. practice keeping your tongue in that place. (it only took me a couple of nights before this became habit - it seemed very natural)
  • Chin strap. People like different ones, but the adjustable ruby is mentioned often.

Post Reply Post Reply
EZ, it would be a lot more helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Daily detailed data. Here is a tutorial that shows how to do that http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

Sleepyhead takes a screenshot simply by pressing F12. It is stored in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Screenshots. Please try to show the Events, Flow, Pressure and Leaks. The easiest way is to upload as an attachment here. Looks something like this:

[Image: RqiXlhH.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
GUYS !! IM SO HAPPY!! I SLEPT GOOD FOR 2.5 HOURS IN A NAP!!

I finally got a hold of the kaiser sleep clinic, They recommended i increase the humidifier setting from the original factory default.

I learned about preheating so i did and cranked it up to 5

My nose was clear the whole time and my AHI dropped from 12.50 to 1.78

YEYYYY!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Banana
That's good to hear!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Sleep study heart rate 250 bpm phoebesalva 5 406 01-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  [Health] AWAKE AHI? newtothis1 12 718 01-04-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 890 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.