Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st AHI under 5
1st AHI under 5

Is there anything that I should change in my settings? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st AHI under 5
This is already a good achievement. As such, AHI is already ok and needs no change. Congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 08:22 AM)Elvis Wrote: Is there anything that I should change in my settings? Thanks

I think it's safe to say the use of a soft cervical collar was instrumental in getting AHI to less than 5, and now we see continued improvement to less than 1-AHI.  Fantastic!  No changes are in order. What collar did you end up with, and any tips you have learned on using it?

Do you miss the good old days?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=15990]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking back over this, I can see the minor residual events are hypopnea and flow limitation. You might want to try increasing pressure support from 2.0 to 3.0 and see if it helps or not. You can even try 2.5 for a smaller step. At this point we are mostly looking for comfort.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    I really do miss the good old days, NOT!!!

I have attached last nights graph so that you might enlighten me as to why ups & downs at same settings?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd guess that a fair number of the centrals happened while you were awake or while you were in transition from sleep to waking. People sometimes refer to these as "sleep-wake junk." The events that I see as likely SWJ are the ones soon after your breaks, when you are probably settling back into sleep.

Our awake breathing is much less regular than our asleep breathing. You can probably notice this during the day, when you might stop breathing for a bit while you concentrate on something or exert yourself.

My main question about your chart is what caused those four breaks in usage. They must have been disruptive to your efforts to get a good night's sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we mostly see some clusters of disrupted sleep, mostly at the beginning of the night. This is still a good result. Hypopnea and OA are unchanged, and the CA are not anywhere near former levels. There will be variation in your results, and you should not let that discourage you. In cases like this, the random CA events are mostly sleep transitions and movement, and half the events are withing the first half-hour and should not impact your sleep quality much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2019, 11:13 AM)Elvis Wrote: I really do miss the good old days, NOT!!!

I have attached last nights graph so that you might enlighten me as to why ups & downs at same settings?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

That is demonstrating the consistently inconsistent character of Central Apnea.  Not surprising at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love all the answers and inputs on this forum. Don't know where I'd be wihtout the knowledge!
I usually get up around 3-4 time a night to pee. I'm going to stop drinking so much water before 9PM!
Post Reply Post Reply

It's been a while since my last post but lately I have been swallowing air and have been tired, almost drained, with brain fog after going to sleep between 11:30 & midnight and getting up around 7am. Luckily I'm 72 retired so I don't have to go to work.  I usually wake up a couple of times to pee but usually go back to sleep pretty fast. I thought maybe my pressures are too high, but what do I know! I don't drink, or take any meds that would interfer with sleep.

Thanks for any info!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.