Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st cleaning - tough time drying climate line hose -
1st cleaning - tough time drying climate line hose -
I have a longish climate line hose which I just cleaned for the first time 3 hours ago. After rinsing it well and twirling it around to try to get as much water as I could, I left it hanging for 2 hours. It's much to long to swing the entire hose.

When I checked it, there were large drops of water still inside. I decided to try to speed this up a little as I didn't want to try drying it before bed.

I hooked it back up, turned the humidifier to OFF (the humidifier is empty but slightly wet), and ran mask fit. Mask fit auto shuts off after a few mins and I don't see much in the want of progress on the drops.

I turned the temp up to 85 but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions or am I just not being patient enough?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st cleaning - tough time drying climate line hose -
My hose never completely dries before I turn in for the night. I hook it up and run the machine to let the big drops work out. After that I think the rest just evaporates as I use it. I think you'll be fine.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Next time, clean it early in the morning, then it has more time to dry. Mine isn't completely dry either, so I just hook it up and let the blower run for awhile.
You can also purchase a spare hose and alternate them.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you let the machine run to dry out a hose, it is not counted toward compliant hours since there's no one there breathing.

Most of us just hook it up and let it run for a while after it has hung up all day. Any drops left over rarely are an issue.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Looks like I hit the panic (for lack of a better word) button too soon. I just kept running mask fit over and over again. It looks like it finally dried out.

I wont tell you how long it took to clean everything. I was trying to be very careful and fastidious. I think about it now and I'm like..."Really?" LOL

Ahh the joys of being a newbie.
Post Reply Post Reply
cleaning mine in about 3 minutes or less and just let air dry.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
The obvious question here is why do you need the hose to be dry? You're going to be pushing humidified air through the hose and a little extra moisture is not going to cause any real issues unless your head is below the level of your machine. If that is the real issue, then let the machine blow out the excess moisture before going to bed or lower the machine to be below your head's level.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2015, 04:44 PM)rogue01 Wrote: I hooked it back up, turned the humidifier to OFF (the humidifier is empty but slightly wet), and ran mask fit. Mask fit auto shuts off after a few mins and I don't see much in the want of progress on the drops.

Hi rogue01,

I only wash the tub and humidifier lid gasket and hose when I get a round tuit, but every morning after dumping the water I dry the outside of the tub and return the tub to the machine and run the Warm Up cycle, which drys out the chamber and lid gasket and hose well, so no mold grows anywhere.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it matters a lot to you to have dry equipment and if money is no object, you can get one of those Hurricane cpap equipment dryers. It's somewhere in the $150 neighborhood. For that kind of money, I think I would 3D print an adapter for my wife's hair dryer and just run it on cold for a few minutes. hmm... maybe I could crowdfund it... Thinking-about
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 08:15 AM)AlanE Wrote: ... I think I would 3D print an adapter for my wife's hair dryer and just run it on cold for a few minutes. hmm... maybe I could crowdfund it... Thinking-about
Yuk, The thought of burnt hair smell in my CPAP stuff doesn't sound good.

Letting the machine run (With Autostart off) to dry the equipment does add to your blower hours though. I just use the machine and it drys itself while wearing it.

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 811 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.