Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night apap and 83 CA events?
1st night apap and 83 CA events?
What on earth is going on? I was awake most of the night. I didn't really struggle with the mask. Pressure never went very high yet I registered 83 CA. I did take some deep breaths Rolleyes over the 7:41 hours. I have SH files pulled up. What would you all like to see?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events?
I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: What on earth is going on? I was awake most of the night. I didn't really struggle with the mask. Pressure never went very high yet I registered 83 CA. I did take some deep breaths Rolleyes over the 7:41 hours. I have SH files pulled up. What would you all like to see?

Take a screen shot of events graph, pressure graph, flow chart, and leak chart.
Also the detail to the left of graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I was awake most of the night.
Ignore awake events, they're meaningless. The machine is dumb, cannot tell whether you're awake or asleep
Only events flagged while asleep are the ones that matter
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 04:34 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.

Yes! Yes! Didn't sleep much. Counting sheep turns into counting inhales!
(12-03-2015, 05:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I was awake most of the night.
Ignore awake events, they're meaningless. The machine is dumb, cannot tell whether you're awake or asleep
Only events flagged while asleep are the ones that matter

I agree. How can I tell when I am asleep... ?
Post Reply Post Reply
SpeedyD,
Try using some type of white noise, like a fan, or humidifier. Then you won't notice your own breathing so much. Eventually, you get used to it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be simply adapting to the new pressure, or it might be CPAP induced complex apnea. About 15% of patients have the problem. Did you have any extended periods where the centrals were not a problem? At about 11 CAI, it sounds like you're just having some normal adjustment difficulty, and this should pass.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see if I can post a screenshot.
[attachment=1931]
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 04:34 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.

I used to hear my breathing when I used the P10 nasal pillows but with the Wisp I dont. Between the Wisp and a hose cover I have complete silence Smile it's amazing how different the masks are .
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2015, 08:58 PM)Dagmar Wrote:

I used to hear my breathing when I used the P10 nasal pillows but with the Wisp I dont. Between the Wisp and a hose cover I have complete silence Smile it's amazing how different the masks are .

I've gotten used to the noise so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 340 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.