Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night on Airsense 10. Oscar insights please
1st night on Airsense 10. Oscar insights please
I had my first full night sleep on my new Airsense 10 with an SD card in place
to record Oscar data. My AHI number looks real good, but I'm still a little
sleepy after a full nights rest. I'm transitioning from a Dreamstation which I
loved but is acting up a bit. Any insights or suggestions welcome.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st night on Airsense 10. Oscar insights please
You have flow limits that are a bit high, but your numbers are good.  If you had a BiLevel I'd suggest you bump up your PS but you are at the max with EPR=3.

The question becomes which settings are most comfortable for you.  You can bump up your min and see if you feel better with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2021, 10:52 AM)Gideon Wrote: You have flow limits that are a bit high, but your numbers are good.  If you had a BiLevel I'd suggest you bump up your PS but you are at the max with EPR=3.

The question becomes which settings are most comfortable for you.  You can bump up your min and see if you feel better with that.

I'll try bumping up my minimum setting and see if that makes a difference. Not sure how to adjust any flow limits (you mean max and min pressure?).
Thanks for your reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations are indicated on the "flow limit" graph. They occur when your effort to breathe in is somewhat constrained by the relaxation of tissues lining the airway. For some people, this is of no consequence; for others, it can make a good night's sleep elusive. If you zoom in to a one-minute segment of your flow RATE graph in a place where there are flow LIMITATIONS flagged, you'll see that the tops of the flow traces are flat or have peaks or dents in them.

If EPR went higher than 3, that would be the ideal way to reduce FLs, because it give you a little extra push of pressure when you inhale. Since that isn't an option, Gideon is suggesting you experiment by raising your minimum to see whether that helps you sleep better. I would suggest you try a minimum of 9; you're at it or higher a lot of the time, so I don't think it'll bother you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 103 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 478 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.