Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't keep mask on
RE: Can't keep mask on
(03-04-2013, 08:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Crap. What's the name of the ResMed's on/off feature? I get them all mixed up after a while.

The ResMed term is "SmartStart/Stop"

From the ResMed S9 manual:

Quote:Note: If your clinician has enabled SmartStart your device will start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when you remove the mask.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Much thanks. My brain is a wonderful thing when I chose to use it. Which isn't often.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree Paula. I had a brain once, but they made me put it back.

Smile

First thing I did after opening the box was turn OFF SmartsStart.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
When I finally got to see the Wizard I asked him for a brain, but all he gave me was a stupid diploma. He said that having a diploma was just as good as having a brain and talked me into taking it. I think he runs a DME now.

Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 04:33 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: When I finally got to see the Wizard I asked him for a brain, but all he gave me was a stupid diploma. He said that having a diploma was just as good as having a brain and talked me into taking it. I think he runs a DME now.

Too-funny

NOT funny. The respiratory therapist I last dealt with believed just that -- she had a diploma therefore in her opinion she had a brain and knew what she was talking about (as she lied to me about the cost of an AutoSet.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry Sean. I am sure she'll get a good job making license tags some day.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,216 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,426 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,835 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,532 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.