Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night on PAP - need some advice
RE: 1st night on PAP - need some advice
(03-04-2013, 09:42 PM)cincysinner Wrote: Trying to get a real chin strap from my DME who told me I need a prescription for it (???).

Call your insurance company. Tell them what's going on and that you want a different DME. They should have bent over backwards to get a chin strap to you, not tried to stall. They can bill your insurance company for it and make a profit. How lame.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Luck with your new life!! For me the first morning was like a day with sunshine (and it was overcast) for I had been living in a fog for so long. It has been over a year now and I am often still tired (but that is more to do with my work schedule) but my ability to think clearly and live well has been greatly improved.

Try as many masks as you can until you find one that works well for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
cincysinner, I use a plain chin strap under my mask straps and everything stays in place better. I didn't know I could get a chinstrap from my DME and bought an inexpensive one out of pocket. I don't always use the nasal mask, but when I use it with the chinstrap the few times I open my mouth it wakes me slightly and reminds me to close my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 785 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.