Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
Started CPAP 13 days ago with my DreamStation AutoCPAP machine and the two masks I got during my original titration study. A Wisp Nasal Mask and an AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow. I used the Wisp for the titration. I used the AirFit my first two nights at home because I wanted minimal stuff on my face. I liked the pillows, but got a sore on my nose. I switched back to the Wisp for the next 12 nights having mixed results and waking up a bunch to adjust mask. I felt like it would ride up and block my nostrils, if that sound possible. I would sleep a few hours, wake up, adjust and sleep some more. I was not properly fitted for a mask or even asked by my DME when I got my machine, she just grabbed something out of the sample closet, but that is another story.

Fast forward to yesterday. I have been dealing with another woman at the DME and she is awesome. I told her I was not happy with my masks, including the one the original RT gave me, which I never opened, another nasal pillow system. I told her I thought the DreamWear mask looked awesome and I wanted to try it.

I went to the office that afternoon and she broke out the DreamWear. She told me I was the first one she has fitted for the mask. Said measured my nose with the card and said I needed the small mask cushion and the medium mask frame. She snapped it together and I tried it on. After some adjustments, we tried it with the air flowing from my machine. It felt great, or more like it felt like I was hardly wearing a mask. I was a happy camper when I left, both with the mask and I starting to like the DME for the first time.

Hooked the machine and mask up back at home before bed, put it on and went to bed. I hardly feel this thing on my head and nose. Very comfortable. I was able to sleep on my side and even my stomach with no problems. Something that has bothered me since starting CPAP. I don't know how it does it, but this thing hugged my nose and didn't really move with my head shifting on the pillow.

Air flows through both side of the mask frame and if one side gets blocked under your head on the pillow, plenty of air comes through the other side. The top head swivel, which I thought was weird at first, did great keeping the hose out of my way. I turn from side to side many times during a night, before this, I always had to move the hose around my body. This just was out of the way and didn't need to mess with it.

The proof for me was when I woke up in the morning having slept most of the night. I only recall waking up a couple times and slept for many good chunks of time. I had no leaks according to my machine, but I have never had any readable leaks with any mask on my machine. My AHI# was a five on my machine and a 1.9 on my computer app, both all time lows for me.

Now I know it was only one night, but I am hoping that this is the way it will be from now on. If so I will be so happy. Again the mask feels like almost nothing on my face and head. My numbers were at an all time low and I feel they will get better once I get my machine more dialed in, but hopefully I no longer have to worry about my mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
Finding the right mask is the key to success for most people.
May you have many more good nights of sleep.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Banana Banana Banana
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to add that I did feel kind of tired this morning when I woke up, or maybe it was that I was not used to really sleeping or waking up from a real sleep. Is that normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been tinking I migt like to try that mask and your comments make it sound even better.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my DreamWear for most of the same reasons pwgphoto listed!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pwgphoto,
It’s great to hear that you have found a mask that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish, I really hope I have. It has only been one night, but I think it went well. Hopefully no mystery sores pop up. I liked my AirFit P10 the first couple of nights, but then got a sore on my nose. Thinking back though, this is the first mask of the three I have tried since starting CPAP two weeks ago, that didn't really put any pressure on my lip, teeth or nose. The other masks felt like they were pushing down my upper teeth, and on my nose, even with fairly loose straps. I will keep reporting on my progress though. Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night with mask, still real comfortable, but my AHI# was considerably high last night at 5.2, it was 1.9 the night before. No settings were changed. Makes me wonder why.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so glad i found the right mask after trying 8 of them (very frustrating).
I very much like the DreamWear too for all the same reasons you do and find my levels are consistent everyday mine stay below 1 event and i have had 0s often, just started September 25th 2015. I had 3 sleep studies before i even got my equipment so that could be why my settings are accurate to my needs so maybe with your events your settings are not set completely right others will chime in to help with that if that is the case! Good luck with the mask its a great one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 175 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.