Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
RE: 1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
I am curious with those using the new dreamwear mask who also used the P10s - what is the noise level with the air rushing by your ears compared to the quietness of the P10s?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really hear it rushing by my ears. I hear me inhaling and exhaling and maybe some air coming out the vent, but I also always have a fan blowing full blast on me when I sleep. I guess it was my poor man's CPAP before I got my machine. It's a decades old habit and can't sleep without the noise or wind blowing on me. So a little mask noise will not bother me, but have not really heard any. I will listen tonight though and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it on right now and all I hear is the vent, just like the wisp, maybe a bit quieter
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2015, 02:22 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I am curious with those using the new dreamwear mask who also used the P10s - what is the noise level with the air rushing by your ears compared to the quietness of the P10s?

I was using the P10 up until I switched to the DreamWear two weeks ago. I don't hear the air rushing by my ears at all, but I do hear it from the piece that goes under the nose. My wife says she doesn't hear a difference at all, I think it sounds louder to me because the hoses are laying against my skin where the P10 it was just connected on the front.

That being said... After 30 seconds or so I don't even hear it any more, it just becomes normal background noise. Like OP said, it's easier to to sleep on my side or even my stomach without a problem. I had a hard time on my side with the P10 and could never sleep on my stomach with it at all.

The only bad thing I can say about it is I have a hard time getting it set on my face properly. It takes 5 minutes or so to get it positioned where its not leaking out one side or the other, but once that's done it pretty much stays where it should all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using Dream Wear mask for two weeks and I love it ! I'm a side sleeper and I can't even feel that it is there. I also like that the hose is now out of my way. Not tucking it under the covers if I turn over at night. I had a nasal mask for a few weeks and it made My nose and cheek sore.

My husband said he doesn't hear any air leaks at all.

Only issue I have is that because my hair is silky the headgear would slip off. Two Bobby pins fixed that.
[/font]
This mask is a Fantastic!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Scored a tie for all time low AHI# last night with another 1.9. I had a couple days of higher numbers, but think it was setting related. I am still zeroing in on what settings work best for me. I think I am close. But still love the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for the info folks, I'm convinced this is the mask for me.

Interesting pwgphoto I had the problem of getting sores inside my nose using the Pilairo Q pillows mask so any masks that the "prongs" go inside the nose I'm discounting as suitable for me.

My only problem is my supplier in Ballarat, Australia is unable to get the Dreamwear Mask at this time so I may have to procure mine from the USA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Dreamwear mask for my first 3 weeks. It was reasonably comfortable but my AHI stayed in double digits. I also spend a good portion of time on my side and it often leaked in that position.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 04:41 AM)iminmyshop Wrote: I used the Dreamwear mask for my first 3 weeks. It was reasonably comfortable but my AHI stayed in double digits. I also spend a good portion of time on my side and it often leaked in that position.

Makes me wonder. I have worn the mask seven nights now and my AHI#s are up and down. From 1st night, to last night 1.9, 5.2, 7.5, 3.5, 4.5, 1.9, and 4.9. I always get a 100% in mask fit and never any leak info with my DreamStation, so I don't know if leaks are happening, maybe I am the best mask wearer in the world. In three weeks of CPAP, I've never had a less than 100% mask fit.

The previous weeks AHI#s switching between Wisp (Mostly) and AirFit P10 pillows were 3.7, 6.5, 5.9, 8.3, 4.5, 5.8 and 3.5. So my numbers seem a bit better with the DreamWear mask in this informal study. If I did the average right I am 4.2 with DW and 5.46 with Wisp. I am also feeling like I am more comfortable with the DreamWear mask and feel like I am sleeping better, even if the numbers are close.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 108 3 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 180 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 679 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.