Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
RE: 1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
(11-16-2015, 05:53 PM)pwgphoto Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 04:41 AM)iminmyshop Wrote: I used the Dreamwear mask for my first 3 weeks. It was reasonably comfortable but my AHI stayed in double digits. I also spend a good portion of time on my side and it often leaked in that position.

The previous weeks AHI#s switching between Wisp (Mostly) and AirFit P10 pillows were 3.7, 6.5, 5.9, 8.3, 4.5, 5.8 and 3.5. So my numbers seem a bit better with the DreamWear mask in this informal study. If I did the average right I am 4.2 with DW and 5.46 with Wisp. I am also feeling like I am more comfortable with the DreamWear mask and feel like I am sleeping better, even if the numbers are close.

Do you use the ramp feature?
My numbers were up and down like that, but I read here that if you turn off the ramp, the numbers seem to improve. They did for me.

I also found that I have much better numbers when I use the CPAP vs. APAP for some reason.

I do want to try that mask though......
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 11:25 PM)Mutineer Wrote: Thanks very much for the info folks, I'm convinced this is the mask for me.

Interesting pwgphoto I had the problem of getting sores inside my nose using the Pilairo Q pillows mask so any masks that the "prongs" go inside the nose I'm discounting as suitable for me.

My only problem is my supplier in Ballarat, Australia is unable to get the Dreamwear Mask at this time so I may have to procure mine from the USA.

Which Pilairo Q pillows mask were you using? I have one that I am trying off and on and mine has no nasal prongs that go inside the nose.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 07:34 PM)Bubster Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 05:53 PM)pwgphoto Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 04:41 AM)iminmyshop Wrote: I used the Dreamwear mask for my first 3 weeks. It was reasonably comfortable but my AHI stayed in double digits. I also spend a good portion of time on my side and it often leaked in that position.

The previous weeks AHI#s switching between Wisp (Mostly) and AirFit P10 pillows were 3.7, 6.5, 5.9, 8.3, 4.5, 5.8 and 3.5. So my numbers seem a bit better with the DreamWear mask in this informal study. If I did the average right I am 4.2 with DW and 5.46 with Wisp. I am also feeling like I am more comfortable with the DreamWear mask and feel like I am sleeping better, even if the numbers are close.

Do you use the ramp feature?
My numbers were up and down like that, but I read here that if you turn off the ramp, the numbers seem to improve. They did for me.

I also found that I have much better numbers when I use the CPAP vs. APAP for some reason.

I do want to try that mask though......

I don't use the ramp, but my auto CPAP starts at 7 and caps off at 11. My Dr/DME originally had it set in a range of 4-11, but I raised the lower pressure because I felt like I wasn't getting enough air when starting out. I think in my titration study they found 11 was my magic number if I did straight CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 07:56 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 11:25 PM)Mutineer Wrote: Thanks very much for the info folks, I'm convinced this is the mask for me.

Interesting pwgphoto I had the problem of getting sores inside my nose using the Pilairo Q pillows mask so any masks that the "prongs" go inside the nose I'm discounting as suitable for me.

My only problem is my supplier in Ballarat, Australia is unable to get the Dreamwear Mask at this time so I may have to procure mine from the USA.

Which Pilairo Q pillows mask were you using? I have one that I am trying off and on and mine has no nasal prongs that go inside the nose.

Maybe prongs is the wrong word but the two air "apertures" that fit into the nostrils definitely caused my septum [middle bit between the nostrils] to get abraded and sore with regular use hence I now use the Wisp.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just pickup a DreamWear mask yesterday. I am a total newbie. My first mask was a Resmed N10. Liked the N10, but it would leak as I am an active sleeper.
If I slept in one spot at night, the N10 was very comfortable. Quite and sealed well. But having the thing blow in your eye a couple of times led me to ask for a different mask. Don't like the idea of nose pillows or full face mask, so I asked the DME for a Dreamwear mask. I am the first one to get one from the cause I have the sample the Rep recently dropped off. Lucky me. It was the fit kit one with wraps, 3 different head sizes and 4 nose pieces.
Slept pretty good last night with it and no leaks. AHI 0.0 according to sleepy head.
I hear myself inhaling and exhaling, and it took a few minutes to get over that. I have a resmed climate hose attached to it and I can see where a lighter short hose would be a nice option.
Setting up and fitting the mask was as instructed by the manual. No problems. No sores or indentations. Medium frame and nose piece.
Since it was only one night, I can only offer a limited opinion, but I like it. Hopefully it is a keeper and as sleeping with CPAP therapy is tough enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just came back from my DME with a new DreamWear to trial. Unfortunately the head gear is medium and I need the small, but she said to trial it by tightening all straps and putting my hair over the lower strap to keep it low on the back of the head. Sure felt comfortable in the office trying it on. I'm going to wait til tomorrow night to try it as I just had a pressure increase and don't want to try out a new mask the first night of raised pressure.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried mine last night.
For the last few years I was using Swift FX. DreamWear looks a bit odd - like a nasal pillow mask but without pillows. And no hose coming out from the mask. At first, there was a bit weird sensation of air moving at the bridge of my nose. MY first thought was that it must be leaking. Nope. Not a leak. Just no pillow up the each nostril. Nice! I laid on my back and instinctively tried to grab the hose which wasn't there. Weird at first but nice! Falling asleep, I rolled on my side. Again, my hands instinctively went for the headgear and hose to adjust for any leaks caused by the shift in my sleeping position. No hose and no need to adjust - so weird that it almost woke me up!
I rarely say that about any equipment after only one time use but, in this case I can say that it is the most comfortable and quiet mask I have ever tried.
Later today, I will check the numbers in SleapyHead. If they confirm my subjective experience regarding leak rate and nothing changes over the next few days, this is going to be my new, permanent mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2015, 08:52 AM)GPSMapNut Wrote: I tried mine last night.
For the last few years I was using Swift FX. DreamWear looks a bit odd - like a nasal pillow mask but without pillows. And no hose coming out from the mask. At first, there was a bit weird sensation of air moving at the bridge of my nose. MY first thought was that it must be leaking. Nope. Not a leak. Just no pillow up the each nostril. Nice! I laid on my back and instinctively tried to grab the hose which wasn't there. Weird at first but nice! Falling asleep, I rolled on my side. Again, my hands instinctively went for the headgear and hose to adjust for any leaks caused by the shift in my sleeping position. No hose and no need to adjust - so weird that it almost woke me up!
I rarely say that about any equipment after only one time use but, in this case I can say that it is the most comfortable and quiet mask I have ever tried.
Later today, I will check the numbers in SleapyHead. If they confirm my subjective experience regarding leak rate and nothing changes over the next few days, this is going to be my new, permanent mask.
Very good way of describing this great mask i had another night of 0.0,I do get small leaks under 15 though (resmed) i have learnt that all masks leak keep that in mind !
Post Reply Post Reply
I know they all leak but; I never knew how much till I got the S9 loaner and SellpyHead software. Even that my AHI numbers are good, with Swift FX the machine showed me green happy face maybe twice. With DreamWear, it showed the happy green face at night and in the morning. With SleepyHead, I'll see the actual numbers and if they are significantly lower than it's a good start. Still, to know for sure, I'll need more than one night with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I put the DreamWear on at the DME's while she adjusted it on my head and turned the blower on so it was like it would be at nighttime, I found myself holding my breath. Not sure why. I'm hoping it's not an indication that I will not fare well with this mask. I am hoping for it to be superior to my usual (Swift FX nasal pillows) as I spend a lot of time sleeping on my side. From what the RT told me the DreamWear seems to stay in place when rolling over in bed (she has SA and uses CPAP and has trialled the mask herself).

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 2 56 11 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 232 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 178 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.