Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
RE: 1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever
The numbers are in. The leaks for last and previous nights are in the 18 range. That's with the DreamWear and that's about half what I was experiencing with Swift FX. YMMV but for me the testing is over. I'm calling my DME to tell them that they are not getting their trial sample back until they have a new one in stock for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the DreamWear last night and my leaks were wayyyy down. I wasn't sure til I looked at the data on SH. With the DreamWear I kept feeling for leaks at the top of where the mask sits on the nose to the under side where it rests below. Didn't feel any, but wasn't completely sure because of the 'vents' on the front of the nasal pillow area.

What I really liked was no hose hanging off the pillow area. Having the hose connection on the top of the head is by far my favourite part. Makes rolling over in bed almost like not wearing a CPAP.

Also because air is supplied to both sides when you are on one side it could be squishing the air coming down that side of the mask, but it is not noticeable and doesn't matter cause it's getting air down the other side.

I found this mask to be a bit noisier than the Swift FX, but not really bad and certainly not bad enough to not want to continue to use it.
Based on the lack of leaks, I will continue to use it and monitor the leak rate daily just to make sure last night's low leak rate wasn't just a fluke.

So far very happy with the DreamWear! But will be happier when I can try it with the correct small headgear size as opposed to the medium I am trialling.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I want to like the Dreamwear mask, but I have trouble keeping a seal when I sleep on my side. My pressure is 16 mm and I use a ramp.

What are you doing to make side sleeping work? I must be doing something wrong if there are so many positive comments about side sleeping with this mask.

Help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HoustonMike,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I'm not sure about the last poster in this thread here which was almost a year ago, but I tried the DreamWear and just couldn't keep a seal when I turned on my side.

There are many here that like the mask, so hopefully you will hear from a few of them.

You can also start your own thread and call it something like: DreamWare Mask and Side Sleeping.
You may get more responses that way. Good Luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose,

Thanks. I think I'll start a new thread.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 13 15 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 231 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 175 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.