Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st time Oscar -SD download failed [Resolved, post 2]
1st time Oscar -SD download failed [Resolved, post 2]
 have a Philips  dreamstation APAP from 2018. I  learned how to reset my Pressure. I read the articles on Oscar, SD and searched threads. I have the Dream Mapper app.

I downloaded Oscar then discovered I needed a card reader.  Finally got one and put the SD card in a USB and tried to download to my Windows 10 ( surface Pro 6 PC). Opened Welcome Page ( does not open to show right Sidebar). Clicked CPAP Importer.

Oscar did not receive my Data.

I then unlocked the card

still did not read data.

The card still tracked my last night sleep data........

I use to think I was logical analytical and tenacious. Sleep Apnea should not be this hard.

This is my last best hope for sleep! ( Babylon 5). An Obstacle is an opportunity... Stoicism.

Once I optimize my AHI then i can figure out the Sleep Inertia issues.  

I was able to read Wikis and reset from CPAP 8  back to AutoPap 6-15 after a  recent Titration study that never looked at my  SD Data (they set CPAP at 8 because I stopped snoring). Did show some Centrals and PLM. They would not give me the  overnight study data.

I have been trying for 2 years to optimize my APAP and improve my Sleep Inertia which is debilitating. Tried three different DME, a Pulmonologist  ( July 2018) etc....for mask fit  and medication and  then a Sleep Clinic titration  March 19, 2020 (asked for  split study  was ignored; original was in home November 2017.

Found this site and dug in; learned that I do not have to be a pioneer.
 I do not have the skill set for engineering, computers and neurology. I do know how to read and attempt the workarounds.

I  am highly compliant on Sleep Hygiene variables. 
I purchased the  Hotto Neck collar and using it.
 My AHI ranges from 6.5 to 10 for past 7 days. 
My pressure @90% from 7.7 to 11.8 one week. 
My mask fit has been 100% 100% of the time....I am skeptical of this. (Dreamwear cushion)
 I have the DreamMapper App

SAMPLE:
clear away        27   19  16  11   33  23  35
total Obstructive 18   10 17 13    18  12   11
total Hypopneas 25    28 21  14   19  15  24

This is really important not just to me but  to others in health care patient advocacy. more on that if you are interested.

Feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, but hopeful. I have spent over 30 hours trying to get set up  on this site and have read many excellent articles. Maybe my Executive Function is slow?
Thank you for this resource.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st time Oscar -SD download failed
After you select the "CPAP Importer", do you select the "Choose a Folder" option? Also, you don't want or need the right sidebar.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got a message that said to create a zip file. from the SD. I am not sure how I made the zip folder,  but apparently it worked even though my computer file still said empty. The simple computer steps are not intuitive for lay people.  SD cards and zip are not day to day activities and I had to search  a bunch of how tos. I doubt I could do it again. 

I reopened Oscar and MAGIC happened, the data Populated the Screen. 
Now I have to go back and reread everything to know what to do with the Data next?
 Not sure what to type in search to have the Data analysed?

I also  reviewed something and tightened my APAP settings to  7-12cm based on 90%.

I am so stoked to learn what the data means!
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the links in my signature. There might be some information that may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st time Oscar -SD download failed [Resolved, post 2]
Thanks  I will try to follow the Oscar Instructions by getting a second computer  to figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st time Oscar
I removed the calender and the pie chart, it said I did not have V2.
Since I have EDS and PLM (54.9)  I set the data to RDI which I know nothing about but am guessing once AHI is around 5  and EDS continues this is related to other breathing disruption issues?
Next I will figure out how to scan the mostly illegible Titration data  one page and report. Should I ask Medical records for some other format for the sleep study data, like the EEG?
Thanks for any review and insights....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1st time Oscar -SD download failed [Resolved, post 2]
RDI = Respiratory Disturbance Index. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ndex_(RDI)
It's similar to AHI but add's RERA's (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal). 

In your screenshot the statisctics do not show any RERA for that night, so your AHI would likely be the same as your RDI.  You can switch between AHI/RDI in OSCAR Preferences to check.

The Wiki pages have a lot of useful info that should help with the terminology: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Wiki_Home
And, of course, ask questions on here on the forum.

You may want to ask for a copy of your "complete" sleep study which should contain all the data needed.  Sometimes they will only send you a summary version if you don't ask for the complete one.  Don't forget to redact any personal data (name, address, DOB, etc) before your post it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 198 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.