Rycharde Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Activa LT
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: CPAP Mode10.6, Auto, 8-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: On cpap since Dec, 2009: Type 2 Diabetes: Cancer survivor: 3 lead pacemaker/defib:

Sex: Male

1st time use of SleepyHead software
Well, I've used Rescan for over 4 years and have been using version 4.3 for he last month, but downloaded SleepyHead this morning. SleepyHead has so much more to offer than Rescan, but I'll continue to use them both, since SleepyHead has much better graphing capabilities. I'm near to the time when I will need a new prescription for a new APAP (Resmed S9), and I want to "dazzle" my GP with the information about APAP therapy. I have a good relationship with him, and he will write the script for almost anything I request, but I do like him to see the results of what he is allowing me to get.
Yes, I am a xpap geek, as well as a SA victim. The best therapy there has been so far is that my wife has been sleeping in the same room with me for almost 5 years and no complaints about my snoring. Thanks

I may even learn what all the features of Sleepyhead are one day.

I-love-CPAP Rycharde
05-31-2014 04:11 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

RE: 1st time use of SleepyHead software
(05-31-2014 04:11 PM)Rycharde Wrote:  Well, I've used Rescan for over 4 years and have been using version 4.3 for he last month, but downloaded SleepyHead this morning. SleepyHead has so much more to offer than Rescan, but I'll continue to use them both, since SleepyHead has much better graphing capabilities. I'm near to the time when I will need a new prescription for a new APAP (Resmed S9), and I want to "dazzle" my GP with the information about APAP therapy. I have a good relationship with him, and he will write the script for almost anything I request, but I do like him to see the results of what he is allowing me to get.
Yes, I am a xpap geek, as well as a SA victim. The best therapy there has been so far is that my wife has been sleeping in the same room with me for almost 5 years and no complaints about my snoring. Thanks

I may even learn what all the features of Sleepyhead are one day.
Yes, I too share my Sleepyhead reports with the sleep doc. Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap.

Sleeping in the same room with your wife is a nice benefit. Especially if your new puppy scared off all the miserable cats.
05-31-2014 08:46 PM
Rycharde Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments: On cpap since Dec, 2009: Type 2 Diabetes: Cancer survivor: 3 lead pacemaker/defib:

(05-31-2014 08:46 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  Yes, I too share my Sleepyhead reports with the sleep doc. Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap.

Sleeping in the same room with your wife is a nice benefit. Especially if your new puppy scared off all the miserable cats.

Before CPAP she was already sleeping in the spare room. No cats here, just a retired greyhound racer that is 117#, that is not cat safe. He's a gentle giant, but does intimidate some people and most cats.
I'm assuming that Sleepyhead saves on exit, but not sure. I like the graphing, but haven't tried to print anything yet. The graphs are a bit squished on my screen, but that could be a settings situation. There are a few more readings that SH gives, and I haven't tried to see what they are and what impact they have on anything.
Do you know of a link to video or forum that deals with how to to use SH? I can figure it out myself given enough time, but if there has been something already done to that effect, there's no sense in reinventing the wheel.
Thanks for the reply,

I-love-CPAP Rycharde
06-01-2014 06:35 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

G'day Rycharde. I'm pretty sure there are some SleepyHead videos on YouTube. Do a search for TheLankyLefty27 - he has a lot of good stuff.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 06:54 AM by DeepBreathing.)
06-01-2014 06:53 AM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

FYI: The main area where Rescan OUTSHINES SleepyHead is in the wealth of REPORTING options.

If you take your laptop PC to your doc's office then SleepyHead OR Rescan are both fine, but if you are going to produce printed reports Rescan makes that much easier AND the doc is probably more used to reading Rescan's formats.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
06-01-2014 02:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Rycharde Offline

Preferred Members

(06-01-2014 02:40 PM)herbm Wrote:  FYI: The main area where Rescan OUTSHINES SleepyHead is in the wealth of REPORTING options.

If you take your laptop PC to your doc's office then SleepyHead OR Rescan are both fine, but if you are going to produce printed reports Rescan makes that much easier AND the doc is probably more used to reading Rescan's formats.

Hi herbm, My GP is not a sleep Doc, but he is the one that recognized my symptoms and referred me for a sleep study.He is also the one who will write the script for the new machine. I prefer to avoid a sleep Doc, since the one that was over my sleep study never appeared to me in person, and would never call me back when I had questions. Never got any answers from the techs I had to deal with either, they said I had to talk to the doctor, who apparently is invisible. Like most people who frequent this forum, I learned more here than the sleep lab, my DME and my GP knew or would tell me. My GP I understand, but the others seem to have no clue or do not want to converse with the "Riff Raff".
Admittedly, my GP never saw any printed graphs or reports from any of his patients with SA untill I started bringing them to him. He was impressed and perhaps he has guided more of his patients ti monitor their own therapy. One can hope. I'm going to serach YouTube for TheLankyLefty tonight to see if I can gather more insight into SleepyHead.
Sleep well my friend!

I-love-CPAP Rycharde
06-01-2014 04:02 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Yes, SH saves on exit. It has downloaded everything so it is there.

Your graphs may look a little "squished" because they are in the process of upgrading the software and the graphs are not quite there yet. I love what they are doing to it and can't wait until the squiggles are figured out.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-01-2014 09:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
ShelaghDB Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 Auto-Set +Resmed H5i
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air FF Mask
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 13

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Quote:Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap

LOL Just tell them you are "good with computers".

They will either look at you with newfound respect or become very nervous at what you might find when you hack their computers .
It does tend to shut them up though with regards to a question such s that one Smile
06-01-2014 09:56 PM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

TheLankyLeft27

Effectively, your GP is your "Sleep Doc".

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
06-01-2014 10:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(06-01-2014 06:35 AM)Rycharde Wrote:  Do you know of a link to video or forum that deals with how to to use SH?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-how-to-use-sleepyhead
06-01-2014 11:41 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 5 191 12-07-2016 09:07 PM
Last Post: PrkChps
  Is it time to replace cushion on the mask worthog 3 237 11-26-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post: GP49
  ASV/ Central apena - Time for a second opinion? Feisty Folder 6 349 11-21-2016 04:14 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 373 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 670 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  DreamStation - Can I use SD card and modem at same time? mcsheltie 2 264 10-28-2016 04:48 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  screen time out metropical 7 350 10-25-2016 10:38 PM
Last Post: Sleepyb