Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A Happy Resolution
A Happy Resolution
Hi All -

So, briefly, some of you might recall that I obtained a new machine, the S9 "Escape" from which the patient cannot download info from the card to his/her own computer.

After only several emails with my DME, I encountered two very sympathetic people who understood my desire to have my own stats, etc.

Yesterday, they swapped my "Escape" for an S9 Autoset, and I read last night's data this morning.

I'd like to thank everyone here who was so incredibly supportive - and educative - in this process. I appreciate it very much.

Thanks!
Richard

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A Happy Resolution
Hi ImRichard,
CONGRATULATIONS! it's great to hear that you persisted and won.
Enjoy the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard. I persisted and got one as well, except in my case I paid $650 for my wonderful Doctor not only refused to give me one but when I suggested i pay extra to get one, he wrote a long line through the prescription and in big letters wrote DO NOT PAY EXTRA TO GET AUTO SET.........

I think I like your persistence better :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 03:20 PM)ImRichard Wrote: .
Yesterday, they swapped my "Escape" for an S9 Autoset, and I read last night's data this morning.
More power to you

Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear! Enjoy your new machine ... following your progress, and wishing you much success with your therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 03:49 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Hi Richard. I persisted and got one as well, except in my case I paid $650 for my wonderful Doctor not only refused to give me one but when I suggested i pay extra to get one, he wrote a long line through the prescription and in big letters wrote DO NOT PAY EXTRA TO GET AUTO SET.........

I think I like your persistence better :-)

I divorced my sleep doctor early in the process for stuff just like you report. I'm doing fine 8 years in, about 6 1/2 without the doc or the DME. I buy my own equipment, monitor my own sleep, and make my own adjustments. I purchased a scrip from an on-line Rx service at the same place I ordered my new S9 autoset. Total cost with humidifier was around $900. Best money I've spent in a while!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Mouth Breathing resolution Comfortcomposites 2 493 12-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 615 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  SpO2 sensor w/ 1 second resolution? YouTakeMyBreathAway 6 731 01-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 447 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 9 818 11-24-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy to Share This :) Abletree 3 696 04-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Inferences from graph resolution? coldfeet7 1 486 03-20-2022, 10:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.