Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1st time use of SleepyHead software
1st time use of SleepyHead software
Well, I've used Rescan for over 4 years and have been using version 4.3 for he last month, but downloaded SleepyHead this morning. SleepyHead has so much more to offer than Rescan, but I'll continue to use them both, since SleepyHead has much better graphing capabilities. I'm near to the time when I will need a new prescription for a new APAP (Resmed S9), and I want to "dazzle" my GP with the information about APAP therapy. I have a good relationship with him, and he will write the script for almost anything I request, but I do like him to see the results of what he is allowing me to get.
Yes, I am a xpap geek, as well as a SA victim. The best therapy there has been so far is that my wife has been sleeping in the same room with me for almost 5 years and no complaints about my snoring. Thanks

I may even learn what all the features of Sleepyhead are one day.
I-love-CPAP Rycharde
RE: 1st time use of SleepyHead software
(05-31-2014, 04:11 PM)Rycharde Wrote: Well, I've used Rescan for over 4 years and have been using version 4.3 for he last month, but downloaded SleepyHead this morning. SleepyHead has so much more to offer than Rescan, but I'll continue to use them both, since SleepyHead has much better graphing capabilities. I'm near to the time when I will need a new prescription for a new APAP (Resmed S9), and I want to "dazzle" my GP with the information about APAP therapy. I have a good relationship with him, and he will write the script for almost anything I request, but I do like him to see the results of what he is allowing me to get.
Yes, I am a xpap geek, as well as a SA victim. The best therapy there has been so far is that my wife has been sleeping in the same room with me for almost 5 years and no complaints about my snoring. Thanks

I may even learn what all the features of Sleepyhead are one day.
Yes, I too share my Sleepyhead reports with the sleep doc. Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap.

Sleeping in the same room with your wife is a nice benefit. Especially if your new puppy scared off all the miserable cats.

(05-31-2014, 08:46 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Yes, I too share my Sleepyhead reports with the sleep doc. Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap.

Sleeping in the same room with your wife is a nice benefit. Especially if your new puppy scared off all the miserable cats.

Before CPAP she was already sleeping in the spare room. No cats here, just a retired greyhound racer that is 117#, that is not cat safe. He's a gentle giant, but does intimidate some people and most cats.
I'm assuming that Sleepyhead saves on exit, but not sure. I like the graphing, but haven't tried to print anything yet. The graphs are a bit squished on my screen, but that could be a settings situation. There are a few more readings that SH gives, and I haven't tried to see what they are and what impact they have on anything.
Do you know of a link to video or forum that deals with how to to use SH? I can figure it out myself given enough time, but if there has been something already done to that effect, there's no sense in reinventing the wheel.
Thanks for the reply,
I-love-CPAP Rycharde
G'day Rycharde. I'm pretty sure there are some SleepyHead videos on YouTube. Do a search for TheLankyLefty27 - he has a lot of good stuff.

FYI: The main area where Rescan OUTSHINES SleepyHead is in the wealth of REPORTING options.

If you take your laptop PC to your doc's office then SleepyHead OR Rescan are both fine, but if you are going to produce printed reports Rescan makes that much easier AND the doc is probably more used to reading Rescan's formats.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(06-01-2014, 02:40 PM)herbm Wrote: FYI: The main area where Rescan OUTSHINES SleepyHead is in the wealth of REPORTING options.

If you take your laptop PC to your doc's office then SleepyHead OR Rescan are both fine, but if you are going to produce printed reports Rescan makes that much easier AND the doc is probably more used to reading Rescan's formats.

Hi herbm, My GP is not a sleep Doc, but he is the one that recognized my symptoms and referred me for a sleep study.He is also the one who will write the script for the new machine. I prefer to avoid a sleep Doc, since the one that was over my sleep study never appeared to me in person, and would never call me back when I had questions. Never got any answers from the techs I had to deal with either, they said I had to talk to the doctor, who apparently is invisible. Like most people who frequent this forum, I learned more here than the sleep lab, my DME and my GP knew or would tell me. My GP I understand, but the others seem to have no clue or do not want to converse with the "Riff Raff".
Admittedly, my GP never saw any printed graphs or reports from any of his patients with SA untill I started bringing them to him. He was impressed and perhaps he has guided more of his patients ti monitor their own therapy. One can hope. I'm going to serach YouTube for TheLankyLefty tonight to see if I can gather more insight into SleepyHead.
Sleep well my friend!
I-love-CPAP Rycharde
Yes, SH saves on exit. It has downloaded everything so it is there.

Your graphs may look a little "squished" because they are in the process of upgrading the software and the graphs are not quite there yet. I love what they are doing to it and can't wait until the squiggles are figured out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Quote:Actually I think that is preferable to using the Resmed reports because with the Sleepyhead you don't get all that "how did you get this software?" crap

LOL Just tell them you are "good with computers".

They will either look at you with newfound respect or become very nervous at what you might find when you hack their computers .
It does tend to shut them up though with regards to a question such s that one Smile
TheLankyLeft27

Effectively, your GP is your "Sleep Doc".

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(06-01-2014, 06:35 AM)Rycharde Wrote: Do you know of a link to video or forum that deals with how to to use SH?
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...sleepyhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.