Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2.5 years on CPAP, still very tired
RE: 2.5 years on CPAP, still very tired
(02-01-2020, 12:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: You, as is typical of Central Apnea are having consistently inconsistent results.  Your "bad" per the numbers days are worse with EPR=3, but EPR=3 is giving you better results with the flow limits.

The spreadsheet would be better if indices were provided instead of counts, CAI, OAI, and HI.  This compensates for nights of different lengths.

EERS would somewhat better manage the centrals while allowing a higher EPR to manage the hypopnea and flow limits.
I cannot say how much impact EERS would have or if you would even notice it.  I will help you with it IF you wish to go down this path.  
read this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-sherwoga

Thanks, Bonjour.

I have converted counts to indices, please take another look: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

I want to give EERS a try. I think the first step is to order some Coraflex? I would like your help and guidance on this. I will also read the thread you shared.

If EERS does not work, what's my option? Will change my CPAP to a BiPAP help?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Chamomile Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are struggling with your cpap.
I have also struggled to come to a place of restorative sleep with my cpap.  Reading your post, my first thought was to look at your leakage rates, which are actually much better than mine were the first few years.   

Pondering further . . .This may not be an issue for you, but eventually we discovered I had LOW ferritin levels. Iron pills did not improve it. Ultimately I had an iron infusion which brought me up to normal. Might be something to ask about, as apparently the sleep centers do not normally test for that, even tho’ low ferritin is linked to restless leg.

I changed mattresses . . . changed pillows . .  . Anything I could think of that might help.
Another thing I have added is a neck brace, recommended through the Forum, called Dr. Dakota’s. I did have to edit the neck strap, because the way it is made is very awkward to attach securely. I cut the strap and added velcro, which works well.

Not sure if any of these will help you. I assume you had a complete physical looking for any other underlying causes.

I understand your frustration, and hope you find a solution that works for you.

Thanks, Chamomile!

Most of time my leakage rate is ok, but in the last week it's higher. I need to work on it.

I did several physical checks, and I think my ferritin is ok, and I don't have the restless leg issue. I haven't used neck brace but let me look into it.

Do you have restorative and refreshing sleep now? What solved your problem? Was it the ferritin level?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi @bonjour

I studied the posts you mentioned, and I am getting materials to assemble the EERS equipment.

I'm getting the following:

1. Respironics Whisper Swivel II : [Commercial Link Removed]
2. Corr-a-Flex Corrugated Tubing : [Commercial Link Removed]
3. Straight Connectors : [Commercial Link Removed]

Are these all?

Also, here is the spreadsheet with event counts converted to indices.

Thanks for your help!

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Links Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2020, 05:35 PM)ahunix Wrote: 1. Respironics Whisper Swivel II : search Amazon for
2. Corr-a-Flex Corrugated Tubing :  search Amazon for
3. Straight Connectors :  search Amazon for
Because of some history, we do not allow these links to a site selling CPAP stuff on Apnea Board.
instead you can say search on Amazon for. . . 
Please edit the above post (or a moderator will do it)
Post Reply Post Reply
Missing
1. You need a mask to work with.  Note that this mask is NOT to be used without EERS because we will be plugging the vents on the mask.  I prefer to use a mask that connects directly to the hose from the CPAP without a short length such as what the P10 has.  
2. some silicon to plug the existing vents with. 

Read this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...light=eers
This Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
This too http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid316312

And this Wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tral_Apnea I want you to understand the breathing mechanism we are working with, the why we are, with EERS, manipulating/increasing the CO2 concentration in your blood.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 27 3 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 63 6 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 196 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 176 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 179 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.