Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 Devices..1 SD card
2 Devices..1 SD card
I have a ResMed Airsense 10 APAP and want to buy a backup unit of the same company (but an Aircurve 10 ASV). Can I move the SD card from the 1st machine and use it successfully in the 2nd machine? Will the card record the data from both machines? Will Sleepyhead have any problems reading the data? Can the data be uploaded to the MyResMed site successfully?

I want to look like I am in compliance with Medicare rules while using either of the machines interchangeably. Possible? Big Grinnie Big Grinnie Big Grinnie
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 Devices..1 SD card
I'm quite sure that you cannot share one SD card between two machines. The layout of the folders will not permit it. There is only one place for the machine description - type, settings, serial number, etc.

SleepyHead will accommodate two machines (with separate cards) on a single profile as far as I know. At worst, you have to create a new profile for the second machine.

Cards are cheap, data is precious.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am now using the For Her with new SD card where previously was using the Elite with its own SD card. I am still the same Apnea Infant with Sleepyhead.

No problem-its actually noted in my stats exactly which days with which machine, not that I swop about.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 2 machines and I interchange regularly (I have one machine in the UK 10 days in a two week period and one machine in Ireland the remaining 4 nights) I use the following approach I have a flashair card in each machine and I have a standard SD card in my laptop. I use flashpap to copy my data to the SD card in the laptop.( I use the SD card in the laptop so I can use both resscan and sleepyhead, I do not use the my resmed site. I use rescan to produce a compliance report if needed) both versions of software cope perfectly with one profile and the two machines, however I need to be careful that I do a download from each machine before I start using the next one. Otherwise as I leave both machines on I have empty days of data on each machine, flashpap seems to correctly not copy empty directories but sometimes I get confused and have data gaps that need to be filled in. If you moved on SD card from one machine to the other the first thing the Machnine would do is format/wipe the card so don’t do that. I hope this is useful

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, pholynyk is correct that you cannot use the same SD card in two different machines.  Each machine has it’s own serial number and that is written to the SD card.

The good part is that SleepyHead will accept both cards for the same profile, and show the appropriate machine for the correct days it was used.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a retired data processing professional (former Chief Technologist at Interactive Computer Corporation), I can assure you that it is a stunningly bad idea to use the same SD card media with two different machines unless you format it when swapping machines. 

You are risking data corruption and possibly transferring the settings of one machine to another. If you wish to aggregate data from the two SD cards into your monitoring software such as Sleepyhead or ResScan that can be easily accomplished.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
What I am worried about is showing Medicare that I am actually compliant (even though I have two machines). How to go about this, I do not know. Has anyone any ideas on this?
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 07:49 PM)Allessio77 Wrote: What I am worried about is showing Medicare that I am actually compliant (even though I have two machines). How to go about this, I do not know. Has anyone any ideas on this?

As I understand it (looking in from the outside) your DME gathers the usage statistics for transmission to your doctor and/or Medicare. So your discussion in the first place should be with the DME. Both #SleepyHead and Resscan will combine the results of two machines into a single report, so that part of it is easy.

On a different matter, why are you considering using an ASV as backup for an Autoset? Quite apart from the cost, they are different machines aimed at treating different conditions. It's true the ASV can be used in fixed pressure CPAP mode, but it doesn't have an autoset mode like your current machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would think the summary page on Sleepyhead that shows usage of device 1, 2, and/or both combined could be sufficient. Since I've only got one device to be concerned with, I'm making a semi-educated guess.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare only cares about compliance in the first 3 months...after that, they never look again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,812 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,452 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 230 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 542 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
Question [Equipment] What are the strengths + weaknesses of Surgically Masking over CPAP devices' air inle StackExchange 2 612 02-27-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.