Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 System One machines, 1 SD card
2 System One machines, 1 SD card
My wife is relocating for her job. I will follow once my current contract is up. I found a System One 560p that I will buy to keep at her place, so that I don't need to lug the machine back and forth for each visit. Both machines that I have are the same model.

Can I use the same SD card for both machines? I would just travel with the card and swap it between machines.

I see that there is a folder that looks like its name is the serial number. If I pop the card in the second machine, will it just keep recording in a new folder? I would like my Sleepyhead data to 'just work', and this method makes sense in my head.

Has anyone done this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 System One machines, 1 SD card
Guess you would need to try it and see what happens. With my Resmed I suspect each machine would simply reformat the card every time I made a switch. But don't know about yours, so it might be interesting to find out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not certain, but I thought I saw one of the data fields indicate the machine serial number for my PRS1 760. But again I'm not certain.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you will find that the SN will prevent the swap.
Why not get a second SD card.
Local electronics shop; or Mr Bezos' company.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with a 460P and then switched to a 650P. The DME took the card out of the 460P and put it in the 650P. I had no problems.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2014, 02:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I started out with a 460P and then switched to a 650P. The DME took the card out of the 460P and put it in the 650P. I had no problems.

My understanding was going from machine to machine between them, and recording the data from each. In your case the switch was permanent so the card would have been rewritten once and done. Do you think that makes a difference as going between two?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2014, 02:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I started out with a 460P and then switched to a 650P. The DME took the card out of the 460P and put it in the 650P. I had no problems.

My question to this would be: is the old data still on there? I plan on going back and forth, but not it I lose what data I have.

The machine I bought came with 2 Respironics-labeled cards. That's what, $300 worth of $10 cards?
This isn't for a lack of SD cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not think you can go back and forth with a single card and preserve the data.
You should put one card in each machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe each machine will rewrite the data for that machine when inserted. The card will not contain data on each machine just the one its in for that time period.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it stored the data from both machines on my card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,606 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,066 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.