Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 Years of CPAP & Still Somewhat Tired
RE: 2 Years of CPAP & Still Somewhat Tired
Based on a 95% pressure of 11.76, I would titrate a CPAP to 11.5 with EPR 2 to match that efficacy. You can change the statistics in Sleepyhead to display the 90% pressure which is widely considered to be the CPAP pressure. You can get good results at 11.4-11.6, and by watching results, you may increase or decrease pressure as needed.

Your leaks are not serious enough to affect your therapy, and you may eventually control that. The biggest effect of those mouth leaks is sleep disruption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@pholynyk: I am in Ontario, however I thought that you can only get $ for a machine every 5 years. I received my CPAP machine 2 years ago so I wouldnt be due for another machine for another 3 years. Am I not correct?

@ajack & Sleeprider: I am currently using a full face mask... is it leaking too much?

Any other ideas for optimization?
Post Reply Post Reply
oz02 - according to this page: https://www.ontario.ca/page/respiratory-...d-supplies

>>>You can apply to replace respiratory equipment if: your medical condition has changed and the equipment no longer meets your needs<<<

I don't know if that applies to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying to book an follow up with my doctor and will try to convince him to change my prescription, so I guess I will see what happens.

More data below from last night - is this the best I can get?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are great and by industry standards you are officially "treated." The important question is how are you feeling now? If you are interested in trying further tweaks read on for my opinion.

If it was me, I would change the max from 20 to 15 and I would bump up your minimum to 9 (since I see you are spending a lot of time at around 10.) For myself, I would change the EPR to 0. In fact, the aforementioned settings are very close to what I am at right now.

Or, before changing your max and min settings you could just try removing the EPR. You may find, as I did that the EPR generated more CA events than it was worth and you may feel comfortable enough with your machine now that you do not need the EPR to be on.

Your current AHI numbers are very good and may be the best you can get. If you are interested in trying further tweaks, it is up to you. You could always go back to your current settings if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 71 4,434 15 minutes ago
Last Post: weuw
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 110 7 hours ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 94 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 224 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.