Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP
2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP
I am now two days in with a new AirCurve 10 AVAP.  I know it takes a little while to settle into a new machine but i have gone from 1.5-7 ahi on the AirSense 10 Autoset to 18+ahi with the AirCurve 10 AVAP.  Any recommendations on settings?  I have lung cancer (right lung) and COPD.

[Image: LJ3swZbl.png]
[Image: WKf3SB6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP
You're in a special subset of PAP users.  Your medical conditions suggest you talk this over with your doctor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak graph shows you are opening your mouth a lot. But that doesn't explain the CA. Yeah, Mongo is right. Talk to your doc and see what adjustments can be made.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks JustMongo,  I'm not sure where the doc came up with the ps of 6.  I'll use it again tonight and call my dme and see if he has looked at my AirVeiw report.  I'll ask him about 6ps and see if he can lower it, which I might lower to 5 maybe 4 for tonight.  He knows I'll change my settings but this way he wiLLC be in the loop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula02, thanks.  plan on talking to my dme guy tomorrow about the leaks.  He's a great guy who will listen to his patients for input.  He's had my back a couple of times.  Could the ps6 be too much as JustMongo suggested.  Noticed he deleted some of his post but that's ok. The mouth breathing just started with machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
until it's sorted, would a FFM be better for now? it takes out one variable.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
First, thanks for the replys. 2nd..think I listed my machine wrong, it is an AirCurve 10 VAUTO. Sorry about this. I lowered the ps to 5 and found my AirFit F10 for tonight. I do remember that this didn't seal to good on the sides of the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2017, 04:37 PM)Maniac007 Wrote: Thanks JustMongo,  I'm not sure where the doc came up with the ps of 6.  I'll use it again tonight and call my dme and see if he has looked at my AirVeiw report.  I'll ask him about 6ps and see if he can lower it, which I might lower to 5 maybe 4 for tonight.  He knows I'll change my settings but this way he wiLLC be in the loop.

The doc may have come up with 6 because, as on the similar s9, that's the default on COPD?
page 24
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf

I know nothing and just suggesting what to ask. your left hand stats on sleepyhead mostly looks normal, BPM and volume, just except for the I:E ratio of about 1:3. It may be a good thing. I don't know the significance but I would tell the DME
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Leak graph has characteristics of nasal mask/pillows plus open mouth. A FFM may control the leaks.

I wouldn't mess with PS yet. Likely it is causing the CAs; but, you are only 2 days on that machine and settings.
With COPD, getting breath out is more difficult. Likely why you were put on Bilevel with a wide split (PS).
Your CAs could settle down given a little time.

The lung cancer is a big unknown. Where one might tweak settings without consequences for a person with just plain OSA, someone with two co-morbid conditions could be inviting a problem like pneumothorax if they get settings wrong.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Disagree. Cut the pressure support to 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 118 2 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 33 2 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 72 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,221 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 998 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.