Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP
RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP
Is it right in thinking, given that "1.5-7 ahi on the AirSense 10 Autoset" which had a max 3cm. decreasing may be the way to go. The lung may be too well vented and not building up CO2 levels to trigger breathing and causing the centrals
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Once again, the problem I'm having with this AVAPs machine is that it is apparently the wrong application. AVAPS is used on patients with restrictive lung disease to ensure adequate ventilation by using pressure support to increase tidal volume; however it is not a treatment for CA, and in this case may be causing central apnea, which means the AVAP function, along with treatment of complex apnea would be better managed by an ASV machine. This could give the high pressure support to increase Tv as well as higher breath by breath PS to treat CA and periodic breathing which are apparent complications.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 VAUTO
SleepRider, I had listed the machine as an APAP but it is an AirCurve 10 VAUTO, dont know if really means anything or not.  Last night I left the pressures as they where set by the dme.  I did find my F10 mask and used it last night but cant get the leaks on the sides of the bridge on my nose to obtain a proper seal.  The section on top of the bridge it really snugged down but the cushion blows out on the sides of the bridge.  I guess the doc who did my surgeries thinned it too much Oops  Ohwell  ...been working fine till I started on CPAP.  Here is the report from last night.  

[Image: nuOQhUnl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Got you. I don't know why you were prescribed a bilevel, but it is the pressure support that is contributing to the centrals. Try PS at 4.0 and I think you will see an immediate improvement. Your tidal volume is very good at 640, so no concerns about ventilation. In my opinion you could use PS 4.0 over 9.0-14.0 (EPAP min 9.0, IPAP max 14.0, PS 4.0)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SleepRider for your help.  I kinda figured you hadn't noticed I listed the wrong machine. As for the bi-level unit, you know that doctors can't just prescribe whats really needed, ins would rather spend the money to start cheap then pay their way up to whats actually needed.  I've be back on chemo again since Oct 2016 so I got CHEMO BRAIN and it taking a toll on all my memory, alot of times i cant remember what i did yesterday and its working on my long term memory.  I haven't heard back from my dme yet, so if i don"t hear from him before I go to bed, I'll change the pressure settings tonight before I call it a night.    Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It took a little argument on my end to get the pressures changed.  I got him to agree to the EPAP min 9.0, IPAP max 15.0.  He had already changed to PS to 4. I'm going back to my nasal pillows tonight and see how that's going to do with my events and hope I sleep better.  Thanks Sleeprider for the suggestions. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad the doctor agreed. Your pressures were not rising very much, and your OA was well controlled, so I saw no reason not to allow the auto VPAP to start at 9.0. The lower pressure support was certainly needed, and your doctor is on top of it. Sounds like a good guy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not my doctor so much as he told my dme and to figure out works best and just fax in what changes were made and the report from AirView.  They wanted me to turn the essentials off so I couldn't look, told them if I turned it off, then the air plane gets turned on. I'm kinda thinking we won that round.
Post Reply Post Reply
Essentials Plus doesn't come close to Sleepyhead. Incredible how some health care pros think it's better if the patient is in the dark.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Think its more of 'he doesn't like the idea that I can get to the clinicians menu" and see what he's changing.  Now just gotta make it work out to MY benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,345 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.