Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 days therapy in. One bad-one better
2 days therapy in. One bad-one better
I have had apap for 2 nights. The first night I slept less than 2 hours. The second night I slept about 5 and a half. My AHI is not so good. Will analyze on SH this evening.

About an hour before bed last night I drank a cup of "sleepy time sinus soother" tea.
I think this really helped. What do you think about using this herbal tea?
Also last night I woke up with lots of condensation in my mask. I had to take it off and wipe it out. Our room was cool and I have my tube temp set at 65°F
I don't like warm air in my face. Am I going to have to raise the tube temperature?
I feel like I'm making tiny advances in good therapy. Eventually I would like to not have to take any meds or drink the tea, etc..
Thanks in advance e for suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 days therapy in. One bad-one better
(12-04-2015, 02:21 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I have had apap for 2 nights. The first night I slept less than 2 hours. The second night I slept about 5 and a half. My AHI is not so good. Will analyze on SH this evening.

About an hour before bed last night I drank a cup of "sleepy time sinus soother" tea.
Also last night I woke up with lots of condensation in my mask. I had to take it off and wipe it out. Our room was cool and I have my tube temp set at 65°F
I don't like warm air in my face. Am I going to have to raise the tube temperature?
I feel like I'm making tiny advances in good therapy. Eventually I would like to not have to take any meds or drink the tea, etc..
Thanks in advance e for suggestions.

First, I think as long as you have your tube set so cool, you will continue to get condensation in it, which will continue to hinder your therapy. Be aware that the temperature of the air blowing in your mask has little to do with the hose temperature. The hose temperature basically only serves the purpose of preventing condensation from collecting on the walls of the hose. That said, I would recommend increasing the temperature, at least to 81 deg F (the default in the Auto climate control setting). I really don't think you'll notice much difference in the temperature of the air.

Second, I don't see anything wrong with having a relaxing cup of tea before bed - it's better than taking medication. Personally, I take 9 mg of melatonin every night, but I've been doing that for years, long before I ever started CPAP therapy. I have seen no adverse effects from it either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I inched the tube temp up to 75°F
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 04:59 PM)Possum Wrote: Second, I don't see anything wrong with having a relaxing cup of tea before bed - it's better than taking medication. Personally, I take 9 mg of melatonin every night, but I've been doing that for years, long before I ever started CPAP therapy. I have seen no adverse effects from it either.

The only downside I see with the tea is nocturia.
I too am taking melatonin most nights. I use a liquid and swish it around a bit before swallowing it and it seem to help a great deal and after a couple of years doing so I don't think I suffer any adverse effects. However after 7 mos now putting on the mask is like doing a clench and release relaxation routine. I am so conditioned turning on the air makes me drowsy almost instantly and I can skip the melatonin many nights.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 02:21 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: About an hour before bed last night I drank a cup of "sleepy time sinus soother" tea.

I think it's a great idea. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I wouldn't pay much attention to your AHI for now. Just focus on compliance and leaks. Then you can worry about AHI. It's fairly common for it to take a few days for the AHI to drop when you first start, anyway.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 09:29 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 02:21 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: About an hour before bed last night I drank a cup of "sleepy time sinus soother" tea.

I think it's a great idea. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I wouldn't pay much attention to your AHI for now. Just focus on compliance and leaks. Then you can worry about AHI. It's fairly common for it to take a few days for the AHI to drop when you first start, anyway.

Good to know sleepster! Thanks. Thanks for the encouragement!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 815 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.