Route67 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: Auto
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: On CPAP for 2 years, still can't sleep. Edit; make that 4 years now, still can't sleep.

Sex: Male

RE: 2 full years of CPAP usage - zero improvement
Just to be sure, the SD card needs to be unlocked when it's in my Resmed and locked when I do a reading?
08-25-2014 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Yes that's correct. That's because Windows 8.1 (which you may or may not be using) writes a dippy little file on the SDCard when you shove it in the machine. Then the Resmed see's that file and gets bent out of shape and makes you "erase" it (reformats it). Not the end of the world because the data will rebuild itself, but an inconvenience.

As to your Flow limit graph? You're right that the box is already checked. So now when you display the graphs for a night, scroll down until you see the one called "Flow Limit."

Now it may not mean anything. I'm just going by what mine showed before and after I made a small change. In my case the small change resulted in the flow limit calming down, and I definitely noticed the difference at night and the next day. Your results may vary, as they say.
08-25-2014 08:28 PM
Josebrenes Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Unsure
Humidifier: S9
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(08-23-2014 06:02 AM)Route67 Wrote:  Was diagnosed with OSA in June of 2012.

Got my Resmed CPAP machine in August and same as the majority of us had a hard time getting used to the mask and sleeping with it was difficult. I solved that problem by October or November of 2012 and have been using it faithfully ever since.

I am nowhere. Still waking 3 or 4 times a night to void. Still feeling like complete garbage during the day, including today; woke up at 6am after 3 voids and going to bed at midnight. I would absolutely love to get a solid 8 or 9 hours; I have had a handful in 2 years but that's it.

I go to bed every night saying to myself "maybe tonight will be the night" but it never is. The bed is my enemy and has been for more than three years now.

Yes, I have a sleep doctor, since summer of 2012; he told me 10 months ago that I was "cured" as long as I wear my mask to bed, based on the readings from the media card which slides into the back of my machine. Sent me to a urologist, my 3rd in three years; he sent me back to the sleep clinic after voluminous testing found nothing wrong with my prostate or kidneys. I have also seen a Nephrologist, a doctor who only works on kidneys, but he also said I was fine after equally-thorough testing.

It's impossible to ever get into stage 4 sleep if you have to wake every 2 hours or less to void. I do not drink coffee or tea, never have, and do not drink any type of alcohol. I keep my daily intake of soda and even water down to a very low level, perhaps dangerously low, because I so dread those multiple trips to the toilet during the overnight hours. Nothing helps.

I am going insane and feel like total crap every day, including right now. I am seeing a new sleep doctor on September 2nd, hoping for some kind of help. I have tried adjusting the settings on my machine but nothing ever works; I will ask her to set it at the highest possible levels, because despite the fact that everyone tells me I am fine I haven't had a really good night's sleep for multiple nights since 2010 or so.

Considering spending 1000 dollars for one of those dental mouthpieces, heck I would pay 5000 if I thought it would work. I wear the mask VERY faithfully but have gotten nowhere. Anyone else here have the same problem?

I seriously think you need to loose weight and you will see major improvements in your health and well being
08-26-2014 07:49 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

(08-26-2014 07:49 AM)Josebrenes Wrote:  
(08-23-2014 06:02 AM)Route67 Wrote:  Was diagnosed with OSA in June of 2012.

Got my Resmed CPAP machine in August and same as the majority of us had a hard time getting used to the mask and sleeping with it was difficult. I solved that problem by October or November of 2012 and have been using it faithfully ever since.

I am nowhere. Still waking 3 or 4 times a night to void. Still feeling like complete garbage during the day, including today; woke up at 6am after 3 voids and going to bed at midnight. I would absolutely love to get a solid 8 or 9 hours; I have had a handful in 2 years but that's it.

I go to bed every night saying to myself "maybe tonight will be the night" but it never is. The bed is my enemy and has been for more than three years now.

Yes, I have a sleep doctor, since summer of 2012; he told me 10 months ago that I was "cured" as long as I wear my mask to bed, based on the readings from the media card which slides into the back of my machine. Sent me to a urologist, my 3rd in three years; he sent me back to the sleep clinic after voluminous testing found nothing wrong with my prostate or kidneys. I have also seen a Nephrologist, a doctor who only works on kidneys, but he also said I was fine after equally-thorough testing.

It's impossible to ever get into stage 4 sleep if you have to wake every 2 hours or less to void. I do not drink coffee or tea, never have, and do not drink any type of alcohol. I keep my daily intake of soda and even water down to a very low level, perhaps dangerously low, because I so dread those multiple trips to the toilet during the overnight hours. Nothing helps.

I am going insane and feel like total crap every day, including right now. I am seeing a new sleep doctor on September 2nd, hoping for some kind of help. I have tried adjusting the settings on my machine but nothing ever works; I will ask her to set it at the highest possible levels, because despite the fact that everyone tells me I am fine I haven't had a really good night's sleep for multiple nights since 2010 or so.

Considering spending 1000 dollars for one of those dental mouthpieces, heck I would pay 5000 if I thought it would work. I wear the mask VERY faithfully but have gotten nowhere. Anyone else here have the same problem?

I seriously think you need to loose weight and you will see major improvements in your health and well being

Gee, you think? I would politely point out that by the time most people get to a forum like this, they are usually aware of what is needed in their life to create overall improvements.

However, as it has been stated, both here and elsewhere, very rarely does weight loss create any improvement in OSA, and if it does, it almost never creates the ability to go off the CPAP machine.

Personally, while I am still "morbidly obese", I have lost roughly 80-90 pounds, with zero change as far as CPAP, OSA are concerned.

We are here to help folks, and possible button-pushing does not help. Speaking for myself only, I feel your post to be both out of context, out of line, and not a help to the OP.

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014 04:58 PM by Peter_C.)
08-26-2014 04:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 12 666 12-06-2016 04:37 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 325 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 666 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  [Equipment] Usage Hours LivingInFaith75 7 321 11-14-2016 06:31 AM
Last Post: LivingInFaith75
  Haven't used my CPAP in several years chrisd467 10 634 11-02-2016 09:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Nasal pillow Vs full face unofon 4 495 10-27-2016 09:12 AM
Last Post: unofon
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 512 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz