Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 full years of CPAP usage - zero improvement
RE: 2 full years of CPAP usage - zero improvement
Leaks, etc......

http://i.imgur.com/GplnmJK.jpg
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Route, your numbers look pretty darn good. I think the answer may be you're fighting too hard. It looks as if you spend a pretty fair amount of time with the expiration rate around 4 or so. Then you have to play catch up with the inhale.

I think if you drop your EPR from 2 to 1, or turn it off, you might do better. I'd like to see the bottom end of your range come up a little. Turning the EPR down a little will allow you to test that without any dramatic things. Raising the minimum pressure would do that as well, but it would have to go up 2 or 3 notches to make any difference.

I'm not seeing your "flow limit" graph, but that's ok. I'm thinking it might look a little "choppy" right now.

The biggest thing about all of this is you are now in charge of your own therapy! Good job that.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I guess that's good news.......but sounds a lot like what the sleep clinic has been telling me! ''your numbers look pretty darn good''

That worries me, especially considering I feel like crap every day and have to void every 2 hours or more once I put my head on the pillow. In other words; I feel exactly the same as I did before I ever started therapy.

I am almost 100% sure it's the peptides too......I did a trans-pacific flight from Beijing to Chicago in June in business class with lie-down seats, 12 hours all told. After dinner I laid down and hoped I could sleep all the way to Chicago; yeah, right........every 90 minutes or so my bladder was full and I had to get up and go to the rest room. Of course I didn't have my mask but I think we've already proven that doesn't seem to work for me.

Darn it this apnea nonsense is wiping me out. Has anyone tried those dental mouth guards?

Will adjust the EPR setting now, thanks a bunch for the reading.

Post Reply Post Reply
It could actually be the Flow Limit. Raising the bottom end off the ground may help that. Have a good night!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, you also......did you mean physically moving the resmed machine off the ground?

It's on a nightstand and unobstructed......

Thanks again to everyone for the help, will hope for the best tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
No no... I meant get the minimum pressure up a little bit. By reducing/eliminating the EPR, you should be doing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, EPR is off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good work Rt67!
That's how you get places.
Try retired_guy's suggestion bump up the low pressure setting 1-2cm and get used to that.
Let it run for a week or two and see if it doesn't take out more of those obstructive apneas (OA)
Give your kidneys a month or so to react. Your body needs to get used to the new idea.
Back to your original issue, is the CPAP helping?
YES INDEED! Very much!
Don't stop now and we can see if you can improve your experience.

Good luck!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Set it there last night and slept pretty well, woke up twice.......which is better than 4 or 5 times, of course. Will leave it there and see what happens, Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good news Route and what we wanted to hear! I suspect you don't have an actual bladder or kidney problem but when you awake in the middle of the night you may over analyze the situation. I know from my own experience that if I decide I may need to pee before going somewhere, the urge becomes almost unbearable even though I'm not able to produce enough urine to justify the effort.

Best of luck with your progress. It looks like there is hope and that better days ( and nights) are just around the corner. There are some experts on this forum so keep posting your results and availing yourself of their help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,010 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.