Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Judgemental - Not so much after CPAP odyssey
Wink 
Judgemental - Not so much after CPAP odyssey
Hello all! Long time no post. News letter was a welcome reminder of friends made here.

Prior to my becoming a hose-head when seeing extra-large people riding around on scooters at the grocery store I would think to myself they ought not eat so much and get their a$$ off that scooter and walk. Not nice I know but I too was miserable from the effects of sleep apnea.

Now when see people in such straits I wonder if they have a CPAP machine or even know of this life saving device?

Later I wonder even if they HAVE been exposed to CPAP therapy did they have the experience with a p*** poor excuse for a sleep doc and just gave up.
My own mother for example. She won't listen to me because @ only 65 and I'm not a DOCTOR what could I possibly know???
Mean while thanks to what I learned here my self managed AHI is between 0-.5 almost every night and haven't seen a "professional" in over two years. Thanks

I still haven't found a mask to fit me and tape my mouth shut every night but the scanning and custom mask technology improvements make me hopeful the day will come I can have a custom fit FF mask and sleep even better Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Judgemental - Not so much after CPAP odyssey
(10-05-2017, 06:56 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Hello all! Long time no post. News letter was a welcome reminder of friends made here.

Prior to my becoming a hose-head when seeing extra-large people riding around on scooters at the grocery store I would think to myself they ought not eat so much and get their a$$ off that scooter and walk. Not nice I know but I too was miserable from the effects of sleep apnea.

Now when see people in such straits I wonder if they have a CPAP machine or even know of this life saving device?

Later I wonder even if they HAVE been exposed to CPAP therapy did they have the experience with a p*** poor excuse for a sleep doc and just gave up.
My own mother for example. She won't listen to me because @ only 65 and I'm not a DOCTOR what could I possibly know???
Mean while thanks to what I learned here my self managed AHI is between 0-.5 almost every night and haven't seen a "professional" in over two years. Thanks

I still haven't found a mask to fit me and tape my mouth shut every night but the scanning and custom mask technology improvements make me hopeful the day will come I can have a custom fit FF mask and sleep even better Smile

Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of us have been in a place of ignorance and easily passing judgement as a result.
I also think it's healthy to have some of that smugness wiped off our faces from time to time, even when the full weight of enlightenment has crashed down upon ourselves.
I'm certainly a more 'rounded' human being as a result. In more ways than one LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Recently diagnosed and I have never been more aware of people's neck sizes.

Now when someone tells me they are a light sleeper and wake up often in the middle of the night I try to tell them about my own sleep apnea ask them to see a doctor if they feel tired and sleepy in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Chinstrap Odyssey - Part 2 retired_guy 5 3,666 04-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Last Post: truetopath
  My Chinstrap Odyssey retired_guy 12 5,504 04-27-2015, 01:21 AM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.