Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 months and finally a couple nights below 5
2 months and finally a couple nights below 5
I started this on March 5th and have had lots of fun fighting with leaks, mouth breathing and all the other things you all know so well. And in all that I faced a display with number for AHI hovering around 8 to 15 every morning. Not so pretty good way to start a day, every day.

Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 months and finally a couple nights below 5
Well-doneCongratslikeBananaBananaBananaBananaBananalikeCongratsWell-done
I knew you could do it ! Never give up, never surrender.

(05-27-2016, 05:31 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 08:15 AM)0rangebear Wrote: Well-doneCongratslikeBananaBananaBananaBananaBananalikeCongratsWell-done
I knew you could do it ! Never give up, never surrender.

(05-27-2016, 05:31 AM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I have finally broken through the barrier (I hope) and have had 3 of the last 4 days below 5 - two 2's and a 3.

Dancing

Thanks!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news! Frank, I admire your perserverance! Well-done
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 08:23 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Great news! Frank, I admire your perserverance! Well-done

Thank you!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Terrific news, Frank. like

Good job on being patient.

Do you feel different when the AHI is under 5? (For that matter, do you feel any different or better since you've started using xPAP?)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 10:20 AM)green wings Wrote: Terrific news, Frank. like

Good job on being patient.

Do you feel different when the AHI is under 5? (For that matter, do you feel any different or better since you've started using xPAP?)

I feel a little better, more "motivated" to get things done. However, in my case the result has been mostly getting less sleep - duration. Where I was sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night before (just not well) I am sleeping 5 or 6 hours per night now, and feeling more like getting up when I wake, where before when I woke I mostly want to go back to sleep.

I hope that once my body has becomes acclimated to the better quality sleep (less interruptions) It will settle down and let me get more sleep (8 hours or so) and I expect that to be another big step to feeling better. But, I have no idea when/if that will happen.

Just gonna keep plugging along. My next "goal" is to figure out how to solve using my P10 and keeping my mouth closed. There has to be a way to train myself to do that.

I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news, Frank. It's good to see your persistence and hard work paying off.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 11:48 AM)pupcamper Wrote: Great news, Frank. It's good to see your persistence and hard work paying off.

Thank you, and I want to take this opportunity to thank all the little people that made this moment possible ...
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
ROFL you must be getting better sleep, you are joking around again! Good on you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 936 11 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 488 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.