Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 months in - How do you tell.
2 months in - How do you tell.
I told my wife that there was no way in H... that I was going to wear a mask to bed....

Then after mentioning my apnea to some of my friends, i found that about half of them were doing cpap and loving it!!

Ok , I'll give it a try.

In the studies, I found out that I have Complex apnea...do you know what the difference is...about $3000. This machine cost more that my car!!

Anyway, I am not sure of any improvement yet.....I do get up earlier than I used to, but i think it is just so I can take the mask off! Ha!

My ahi was around the 30 in the study and now they range from 3 to 10. I think the average is around 6 right now.

So that is my question. Should I expect the ahi's to go to 1. Is that the only way you know that the whole process is working??

I have learned a lot just from reading all the post here, so thanks for all the input and fine information.

Mike
Arizona
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 months in - How do you tell.
(09-21-2015, 08:32 PM)westerneagle Wrote: My ahi was around the 30 in the study and now they range from 3 to 10. I think the average is around 6 right now.

So that is my question. Should I expect the ahi's to go to 1. Is that the only way you know that the whole process is working??
Hello westerneagle and welcome
Not necessary 1, AHI around 5 is within normal range
Feeling better is another indicator, but normally, going to take some time

As for the dollars ... money is well spent
Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
First, welcome to apneaboard.
Welcome

Complex apnea is a little difficult to treat; but you have a fine machine for treating it.
AHI going to one... possible, but shoot for less than 5.

Stay with the forum, read about what works; and give it time.
this forum is for education and individual empowerment.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi westerneagle,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Complex, or "Mixed" Sleep Apnea is when you have some Obstructive Sleep Apnea, (OSA,) and some Central Sleep Apnea, (CSA.)
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to strive for even better results I suggest you download one of the data reading softwares (assuming your machine records data which I have no knowledge of), post some of your results, and then let the fine knowledgeable people on this forum go to work and help you with your settings.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2015, 12:02 PM)sonicboom Wrote: If you want to strive for even better results I suggest you download one of the data reading softwares (assuming your machine records data which I have no knowledge of), post some of your results, and then let the fine knowledgeable people on this forum go to work and help you with your settings.

That's my next project...thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same machine you do but we didn't get along. So I dumped it and got a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt which I love and cherish. However, I was able to do that without a cost penalty, which might not be your situation.

The Respironics has a lot of tweaks and adjustments available, and getting these right can make a big difference to your therapy. If you haven't already done so, get hold of the clinical manual, available here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual (Read the instructions carefully to ensure you get the right manual). That will explain some of the adjustments. And search this board for discussions specifically about your machine - you might pick up some tips to optimise your therapy.

Good luck - complex apnea is tricky and the machine is expensive. So give yourself every opportunity to understand and optimise the machine, which will give you unbroken refreshing sleep.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 288 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,651 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 485 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,027 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.