Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 nights on c-pap and more tired?
RE: 2 nights on c-pap and more tired?
It is normal to feel tired while you catch up on lost sleep Smile It gets better every day.

If you are using an oral mask or ffm, the dry mouth is a common issue. Options are increase humidity, use mouth rinses meant for combatting mouth dryness, or go to a nasal/nasal pillows mask with chinstrap or other means of closing mouth.

Take heart - it does take some time to get this therapy individualized, but it is worth it!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Sleepyabby! You are off to a great start! It took me just over 3 months to stop having the morning headaches. Also getting the right mask and making sure it fits properly is half the battle. Good luck!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2016, 04:59 PM)Sleepyabby Wrote: Using Remstar Auto A flex also says Sytem one on the machine. I don't know about software. Using respironics Amaraview mask.

Welcome to the forum sleepyabby!

I had the same problem as you at the beginning. I'm using the Amara view also and when I have the mouth dry it means that I open my mouth more than usually at night. You can try to put your tongue behind your teeth and do a small vacuum while you breathe by your nose to help the air stay in. Also I had to find the correct humidity level it took me 1 week to find it. I was recording my adjustment day to day until I found the good one.

A good thing is your starting pressure because mine was to low at 4 but 8 should be ok to not searching your air and stopping headache.

I don't want to discourage you but after a month I'm still tired...

Like people are telling me we need to be patient. The long term benefits worth the patience and effort!

Good luck and you are on the good track.

Post Reply Post Reply
Drying of the mouth may be a good thing since it warns you that you are not running the humidity high enough. In your case, stopping mouth breathing will only succeed in drying of the nasal areas. That make you more receptacle to colds and other infections.

Get that humidity up higher and the air won't be looking for moisture from your wind pipes.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepyabby,
I encourage you to just stick with CPAP therapy, it can take some time to get used to, but, over time, it does get better.
hang in there.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2016, 04:05 PM)Sleepyabby Wrote: Does any of this sound familiar to anyone early on in use?

Different people adapt at very different rates. Some slap on the mask and sleep like a baby, but that's rare. It's far more common for people to hate the machine, put it the closet, and never use it again. The rest of us are somewhere in between.

The fact that you woke up and thought the machine was off on only your second night is a sign that you are adapting quickly. When that happens I just put my had in front of my face and sure enough I feel the air jetting out of the exhaust ports.

Please update your profile to indicate the type of machine you have. From what you've told us so far it seems it's a PRS1 Auto. More help can be found here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid75378

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepyabby,

Like you I'm new to all this CPAP, sleeping, headaches etc world. After a week on a CPAP test machine I felt awful - ready for launching the machine out of the window! I took it back to the hospital (UK so NHS) and was issued a manual machine (they try and keep costs down), I explained that I felt worse, partly because having also COPD I tend to mouth breath ... with a nasal mask?

I tried a full face mask for the next 4 weeks and this just worked!! I had some issues with the silicone on the bridge of my nose and, like you, the really dry mouth and (bleeding) nose.

Revisited last Monday and they gave me a different full face mask that avoids the bridge of the nose and added a humidifier. The result being that I'm sleeping soundly and solidly for 6 hours a night (up since 4 this morning) but then awake for the whole day!

The humidifier has completely sorted the dryness and the mask seems better (not perfect as yet but I'll keep working on that because, according to this site, getting the right mask is key and can take some time to find the right one.

Keep the faith and try changing one thing at a time until it works for you - only then (like me) can you enjoy the sensation of actually being awake again!

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 47 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 190 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,972 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 177 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 132 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 258 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.