Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 users' data merged in Sleepyhead - How to Separate?
RE: 2 users' data merged in Sleepyhead - How to Separate?
(02-25-2018, 08:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hydrangea,
You might consider setting up a user for each machine. That will keep the data separated.

I'm not sure how this would work.  Can you tell a machine there's a different user using it?  If so, that would save so much time (because it's a bit of a pain to change all the settings each time).

I have 2 different memory cards for the ResMed, so we switch those out.  But I only have the 1 memory card for the DreamStation... so I think I should just buy another memory card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 09:33 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is also a setting in Sleepyhead's menu to prevent importing data prior to a date you set.  This keeps data from being replaced or over-written if you have more than one user on the same machine.
Oh, sweet!  I will explore and find that.

(02-25-2018, 12:38 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 04:36 AM)DHydrangea Wrote: Where is the green toggle arrow you mentioned?  What is it called?

If you go to the bottom of the left hand side of the sleepyhead screen to sessions right at the bottom and double click the session bar you want to make disappear it will be turned off in the graphs double click it again to turn it back on
Awesome. Thanks!  I'll check it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 01:16 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: I sometimes swap CPAP machines (Dreamstation) with someone, and apparently I forgot to swap the memory card when I did this for a short time period.  I just realized this when I plugged my Dreamstation's memory card into the computer to download my data to Sleepyhead.  So now I have some of the other user's data in my Sleepyhead profile account.

Someone correct me if I am not understanding.  

The Cpap machine retains all the data or at least a summary of data, so changing the SD card won’t matter, simply because the Cpap machine will rewrite the data back onto the card....no matter which card you insert.  

So, let’s say I swap machines with a friend.  Then I insert my own SD card.  The machine is going to rewrite data from both users to that card.  
Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opalrose, that is correct. All data is organized by machine serial number. If more than one person uses the same machine, both users will have their data mixed. Even if you delete the SD card between users, the machine will write up to one-year of data onto that card, which will mix the user's data again. It might be possible to delete all user data from both the machine and SD card prior to swapping and inserting the card. I don't think anyone ever contemplated that these machines would have more than one user. I have also seen this when a used machine is purchased and the new user forgets to purge the data from the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for clarifying SleepRider,

Then Hydrangea can only continue what she is currently doing by making the adjustments in SleepyHead, but I would hesitate to give to much credence to the Statistics page as it may combine both users data, especially if looking at 6 months or last years numbers.   Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No kidding? Okay, I'm going to have to experiment a bit. I'll stick a blank memory card in one, and see if it'll put any past info on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you put a clean card in a Dreamstation without deleting the user data first, it writes about 1-year of existing data to it. You can prevent that SD card data from overwriting in Sleepyhead by using the menu option File/Preferences/Import, and setting a date in the line "Do not import data older than:][ Date" and checking the box.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 03:07 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Hmm the other thing that might work is importing then turn off the dream station data, import the sd card then for an affected day, scroll to the bottom of the left hand side of the screen find the session information for your friends sessions and click the green toggle and hide those sessions.

Seems that the consensus is to never let anyone step on your blue suede shoes, and never breathe into your xPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 278 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 344 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,699 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,105 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Viatom 02 Ring users take note Cuppa 7 815 03-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  macOS Ventura users please read Jeff8356 0 610 11-25-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,295 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.