Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 weeks in and feeling great
So I'm 2 weeks in to my cpap journey and I'm feeling great. No more 2pm fatigue feeling. I have more energy, my BP is improving, and my mood is 150 times better. I am so glad I started cpap therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
great to hear you got an immediate boost. some of this may wear off a little as you get further along. use the new found energy to tackle health issues you might have had no will to fix when walking dead.

I find that, in my right mind, I make good decisions. Trouble before was I was not in my right mind. Now I am more often than not.

my first few weeks, I saw evidence that my BP was reducing, I stopped my caffeine intake, ate differently, and lost about 1 pound a week for about 5 straight weeks. Since then, I regained weight, my BP reduction did not stay put. Am still off caffeine, and eating better, and exercising more. Experienced periods of bloating, and some days had more drowsiness than I thought I should have. Bloating abated, slight loss of weight, and BP back down a bit. You just gotta have faith that, when treated, your body will work through the issues a little at a time.

All through the 4 months I have experienced peace of mind, and release from anxiety, foul mood, lack of concentration, various body aches and anger.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi truetopath,
It's GREAT to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-02-2015, 11:44 AM)truetopath Wrote: So I'm 2 weeks in to my cpap journey and I'm feeling great. No more 2pm fatigue feeling. I have more energy, my BP is improving, and my mood is 150 times better. I am so glad I started cpap therapy.

truetopath,
Glad this is going well for you. Watch your stats on Sleepyhead, so if something changes and you have questions, you will know what to look for.
OpalRose
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all! I enjoy looking at my charts in Sleepyhead everyday.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great!

I'm about 6 weeks in myself and am so pleased with how things are going!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy 9-10 AHI after a couple weeks hopefulsleeper 7 271 02-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hopefulsleeper
  Am I on the right track? Not feeling it yet. benseidler 33 1,289 01-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  When does the "tired" feeling go away? Cranberry Ray 10 1,195 12-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 782 10-31-2016, 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  Question for those who had MMA Surgery - Feeling Hopeless voiddweller 7 499 10-30-2016, 02:56 AM
Last Post: 49er
Surprised Two weeks now, started ripping my mask off daniemmdee 6 630 10-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Last Post: daniemmdee
  Help - Trying CPAP for over 8 weeks now stephennic 17 1,531 10-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Last Post: murray s