Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 weeks into my journey
2 weeks into my journey
I have posted this into the sucess stories but wanted to also share how well things are going here Thanks

2 weeks into my CPAP journey... I can say I have been so relieved to know that I am getting some positive results and it is much easier than I initially thought it would be! I have felt much more refreshed from my sleep, I am not getting up several times a night either with reflux, snoring or thinking I need to go to the toilet! I have a full face mask as I breathe through my mouth.

On my first night I thought the pressure was so hard I would hyperventilate but by the second night it was barely noticeable until after a few nights I thought my machine wasn't working! Two weeks on I look forward to putting on my mask to go to sleep. I had a few issues with mask leaks on the first couple of nights until I worked out where it "felt" right and if it does leak I can quickly adjust it now. I also had a bit of a sore throat feeling but after some advice I increased my humidity and immediately the next morning I felt great.

With my initial sleep test my longest recorded apnea was 91.1 sec and on my data yesterday for the 2 weeks the apneas were only 5 - 10 seconds at the most. My AHI was 2.1.

I am looking forward to seeing the long term benefits - I still can't believe how quickly it has begun changing my life.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 weeks into my journey
Thanks for sharing your successful cpap journey
Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you have posted your success story. It will encourage others who are not accepting the therapy well.

Very common situation. beginning users are overwhelmed by the pressure, but most will very quickly adjust to it in a couple of days or a week or so. Shortly after I became adjusted, I had to open my mouth or put my hand over the exhaust to see if it was working . A lot of folks just turn the ramp off very shortly after adjusting..Good Sleeping.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also glad that things are going well for you. Keep hanging around here. You may be able to he others as you have already or a problem might show up and you'll need the support of the Forum. I wish you well on your continued journey.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am planning to stay around... after being so nervous about starting cpap and I still have sooo much to learn I want to keep reading and talking about it and even beyond that it will be good to help and encourage others, I know that part of the reason I adjusted so quickly to the full face mask is that I used one for work a few years ago (12 hours shifts) and that took me ages to adjust to - with the cpap mask I knew if I didn't "stress" it would become comfortable quicker
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2012, 06:07 PM)Ulrika Wrote: I know that part of the reason I adjusted so quickly to the full face mask is that I used one for work a few years ago (12 hours shifts) and that took me ages to adjust to - with the cpap mask I knew if I didn't "stress" it would become comfortable quicker

Wise advice.

Not everyone here adjusts as quickly as you did. I'm sure your success story will motivate others. Keep us posted on your continued success.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for posting. You showed me some light at the end of the tunnel. I am 3 days into this and feeling very frustrated. I know I am not patient but it feels like I will never get used to my CPAP. I dread going to bed!!! Its good to know it will get better in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow... and I thought my experience was good. I am now into my 5th week, and now can't even imagine going to sleep without my machine. I am finally to the point where nearly every night is a good sleep, and I too have to check and see if my machine is working. Just waiting for my insurance to get back to me, then will hand in my loaner and purchase my own equipment...yeah!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,332 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 318 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,475 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 665 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.