Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2+ years in, I feel no difference?
2+ years in, I feel no difference?
I 'think' I'm sleeping better. And I am pretty sure I breath easier (in bed).....but besides that I notice no difference whatsoever from before cpap to now.  Is that normal? My dr says I average below 3 events per hour and he's very happy with results.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2+ years in, I feel no difference?
That seems to be a common complaint with many folk.  There's so many variables that make or break a good night sleep. Sometimes it's not even related to Cpap use.  

I see you've never posted a chart here.  Are you using OSCAR?  
Let us see a Screenshot of the daily page.  There may be something we can help with.

See the links in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me the improvement was very slow. Doing this for 6 years + and I still feel improvement. The real change was when I got everything just right. Right machine, settings, mask, pillow, collar etc. Do not quit trying new things.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear you loud & clear! I went a full three years +, and not feeling any better.....or any worse. I finally packed up my CPAP gear and stowed it away. 

Nothing gets any better as we age. Things change as we age. Sleep is one of them, among a lot of other things. I seem to sleep okay w/o my CPAP Therapy. 

One good thing about being retired, is being able to take a nap if you wish any time of the day. I tend to take one about 11 am, and that does make a real difference. It's usually less than an hour, but what a difference it makes. 

Anyways, like I said, I know what you are talking about. You'll come to a conclusion soon enough, and only you can decide if it's the right one or not. 

My best to you and good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was at 39 events per hour.

Although I notice little if any difference, the health benefits of lowering risks of heart attacks/arrhythmia, stroke, etc are very important to me....I'll never go back to unassisted breathing!! I'm fully adjusted to it. Have a good seal and next to no marks. At least none that bother me. It's actual comfortable. I can tell it's making a difference....My comment was I can't say I feel different during the day. I feel fine during the day......and I'm not a person who can take a nap....I don't need too. I/m not dragging. Last year I went to the gym 215 times, always with 30+ minutes of aerobic activity or more

[Image: h84alVi.jpg]

I've tried to get oscar to work, but on MacBook pro it is NOT easy. I was unable to get it to boot/run.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2023, 08:32 AM)Dave W Wrote: I've tried to get oscar to work, but on MacBook pro it is NOT easy. I was unable to get it to boot/run.

You might want to post this over in the Software Support Forum. Someone may be able to help you get OSCAR running.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can work out that often, must not have too many issues with your treatmnet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just trying to stay a few steps ahead of the grim reaper! The way I figure it is....as long as I keep moving my body has change of healing itself. I do have 5 or 6 doctors helping!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good point.  Always a smart move to do all you can!
Post Reply Post Reply
15 years in and I still have never experienced the wonderful difference in how one may feel due to CPAP therapy. I get the therapy, it works, but fatigue stays with me due to other issues.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 73 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 192 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 278 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 149 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 524 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 319 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 137 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.