Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2 years on - How am I doing?
2 years on - How am I doing?
Hello everybody;

I had been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea more than 2 years ago. I just wanted to see if I am doing well. 
Basically, I would say my therapy, overall, was a success. However, lately, I have been feeling a bit under the weather. The symptoms (pre-CPAP) seem to be coming back. 

It would be good to get some advice! 

At the moment my machine's pressure is set between 10-20 with an EPR (full-time) level of 2. 

[attachment=16944]
[attachment=16945]
[attachment=16946]
[attachment=16947]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2 years on - How am I doing?
(11-12-2019, 04:15 PM)Mozammil Wrote: I had been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea more than 2 years ago. I just wanted to see if I am doing well. 
Basically, I would say my therapy, overall, was a success. However, lately, I have been feeling a bit under the weather. The symptoms (pre-CPAP) seem to be coming back. 

Your screenshots seem to show the Autoset is working really well for you.  Maybe just a few positional adjustments and leak tweaks and that is all I saw you might be able to improve.  

"However, lately, I have been feeling a bit under the weather. The symptoms (pre-CPAP) seem to be coming back. "

Only for what you want to share.  Are there specific things you would like the group's help with resolving?

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Do you think the pressure is working fine for me as well?

Regarding the symptoms: I am waking up with a headache quite regularly. At about 3-4pm at work, I feel the need to take a nap and generally started feeling a bit more tired than usual.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 04:30 PM)Mozammil Wrote: Thanks a lot for your reply!

Regarding the symptoms: I am waking up with a headache quite regularly. At about 3-4pm at work, I feel the need to take a nap and generally started feeling a bit more tired than usual.

There are many other factors outside xPAP therapy that could influence this as well so if you have not looked at Sleep Hygine, meds, quality of air in your home, etc. might check to see what might have changed there as well. 

On the xPAP therapy I see three things that might contribute to those symptoms.

1. Flow Limitations which might constrain oxygenation and might also increase arousals disrupting the quality of your sleep.   

To help reduce flow limitations you might try:
1.1. Increasing Pressure 1 cmH20 
1.2  Try to improve your positions while you sleep.  Try to sleep on your side and not your back.  If you are not using a Neck Collar or Neck Rest try one to see if that helps. Soft Cervical Collar  

2. Leaks which interfere with the machine and might be disrupting the therapy in a way that is reducing the quality of your sleep.

3. Your Minute Vent is just over 5L/min which might be fine but might be low depending on your height.  If a low Minute Vent translates to you not getting enough Oxygen all night that might contribute to the symptoms as well.  

How tall are you? 

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please remove the calendar and pie chart so we can see your settings, and add the flow limit chart.  The pressure increases are indicating that your machine is responding to flow limitations.  In addition, your inspiration to expiration ratio is essentially 1:1, normal is expiration about twice a long as inspiration.  

I would also like to see a couple of 2-3 minute views throughout the night, both good and bad times to evaluate your breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 04:58 PM)WillSleep Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 04:30 PM)Mozammil Wrote: Thanks a lot for your reply!

There are many other factors outside xPAP therapy that could influence this as well so if you have not looked at Sleep Hygine, meds, quality of air in your home, etc. might check to see what might have changed there as well. 

On the xPAP therapy I see three things that might contribute to those symptoms.

1. Flow Limitations which might constrain oxygenation and might also increase arousals disrupting the quality of your sleep.   

To help reduce flow limitations you might try:
1.1. Increasing Pressure 1 cmH20 
1.2  Try to improve your positions while you sleep.  Try to sleep on your side and not your back.  If you are not using a Neck Collar or Neck Rest try one to see if that helps. Soft Cervical Collar  

2. Leaks which interfere with the machine and might be disrupting the therapy in a way that is reducing the quality of your sleep.

3. Your Minute Vent is just over 5L/min which might be fine but might be low depending on your height.  If a low Minute Vent translates to you not getting enough Oxygen all night that might contribute to the symptoms as well.  

How tall are you? 

WillSleep

Hey WillSleep,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Apologies as I am not too advanced with this, but do you mean that I should increase my minimum pressure from 10 to 11? 

I am also 171cm tall. 

I will be posting more detailed graphs in my next comment if you want to take a look at that as well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2019, 05:08 PM)bonjour Wrote: Please remove the calendar and pie chart so we can see your settings, and add the flow limit chart.  The pressure increases are indicating that your machine is responding to flow limitations.  In addition, your inspiration to expiration ratio is essentially 1:1, normal is expiration about twice a long as inspiration.  

I would also like to see a couple of 2-3 minute views throughout the night, both good and bad times to evaluate your breathing.

Hey bonjour,

Thanks a lot for offering to help! I have gone ahead and make 3 sets of screenshots: overall, good and bad. This is for last night! 

Overall
[attachment=16975]
[attachment=16976]
[attachment=16977]
[attachment=16978]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:33 AM)Mozammil Wrote: Hey WillSleep,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Apologies as I am not too advanced with this, but do you mean that I should increase my minimum pressure from 10 to 11? 

I will be posting more detailed graphs in my next comment if you want to take a look at that as well!

"do you mean that I should increase my minimum pressure from 10 to 11?"  
  Yes  

"I will be posting more detailed graphs in my next comment if you want to take a look at that as well!"
  Cool.  Will be watching for it.

WillSleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, it would seem there's a limit on the amount of attachments I can post. 

This is for the Good timeline.

[attachment=16980]
[attachment=16981]
[attachment=16982]
[attachment=16983]

This is for the bad timeline.

[attachment=16984]
[attachment=16985]
[attachment=16986]
[attachment=16987]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:38 AM)WillSleep Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:33 AM)Mozammil Wrote: Hey WillSleep,

"do you mean that I should increase my minimum pressure from 10 to 11?"  
  Yes  

"I will be posting more detailed graphs in my next comment if you want to take a look at that as well!"
  Cool.  Will be watching for it.

WillSleep

Hey WillSleep,

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.

Also spot on analysis! You are right, I keep waking up during the night. Also, I am taking melatonin to be able to sleep well at night. Without that, I keep waking up.

Moreover, I track my sleep using a smart watch and it would seem that I barely get REM sleep all night. Maybe it's all related.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.