Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

20 days in, and 5 good nights
20 days in, and 5 good nights
Smile Thought I was doing way worse with my CPAP, til I posted this. Frustrating as those sleepless nights are...really 15 is not too bad. I was forgetting what a short time I have had the machine for. I go next week to hand back the trial...then I will hopefully have a machine that will check for leaks...don't think I have a lot of them. When I do have a good night..though I still wake up a lot, I feel so much better the next day, and already, on those days my blood pressure is normal...still on meds though, of course. Yeah!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 20 days in, and 5 good nights
Once the CPAP is going very well, and you are using it every night, in 6 mos or so, you and your GP should discuss trying to come off the BP meds or at least decreasing them. Sometimes you can, sometimes you cannot. It depends on what the reason/cause of the hypertension.

And, congrats on being positive! That's the right attitude. Keep working at it. Know your rights as the patient. Don't "settle".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula...yep, another good night last night...the first time for two good nights in a row. Yes, my tech told me to keep track of BP each morning first thing, in the hopes that I can dcrease BP meds. I have been on them for 20 years, and it is very hard to control, so it would be great if this helps. Years ago I had to wear a machine to check my BP 24 hours a day. Funny thing....it elevated at night while I was in bed. Maybe shoulda been the right time to check for sleep apnea???
Post Reply Post Reply
If you've been on the meds for so long, you might be able to decrease them but I doubt you'll be able to stop them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
the best thing is to check bp 5 times a day at the same times every day for a week. write every one down and bring your results to the doctor, not the tech. first thing in the morning the bp may be skewed high or low resulting in bad data. by recording it across the day for a week, you'll get a good feel for what it really is.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread, i had no idea that sleep apena could affect your blood pressure, i will have to come to this board more often and learn.

sleep well everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2012, 10:08 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you've been on the meds for so long, you might be able to decrease them but I doubt you'll be able to stop them.

Yep that is what I think too Paula...any decrease in meds would be good though. Tech says CPAP may help BP, asthma, weight gain...though I have just joined weight watchers again, so extra weight should be gone shortly. She also said it can help diabetis...though I don't have it. She tells me someone on shots, can be reduced to diet control only. Who would a think it? Yes, this board is any amazing collection of info and opinions..I love it, and am so glad I found it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry....EDIT...diabetic on shots may be reduced to diabetic meds....not to diet controlled.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 71 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 147 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 215 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.