Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

24 AHI Pie Charts: Trying to understand where I Am
24 AHI Pie Charts: Trying to understand where I Am
I'm attaching 24 AHI pie charts from SleepyHead data.

I'm new to treatment and am attempting to makes sense of how I'm doing. Night to night comparisons look highly variable to me, but I'm a neophyte.

I really appreciate any input from those with more experience. I can post other data as requested. I'd had a lot of fatigue and am trying to get better.

Thanks,

Bill

[Image: AHIcomp1_.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 24 AHI Pie Charts: Trying to understand where I Am
Night be night comparisons are not too useful.
The trend I see is that by the numbers you're doing OK.
Your apnea is generally dominated by obstructive apnea.

In time, you may wish to narrow the 4-20 pressure window.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 02:18 PM)justMongo Wrote: Night be night comparisons are not too useful.
The trend I see is that by the numbers you're doing OK.
Your apnea is generally dominated by obstructive apnea.

In time, you may wish to narrow the 4-20 pressure window.

How does one determine how to narrow the window, and in which direction first?

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Most important would be the min pressure.
By being so low, the machine has to detect several events in close temporal proximity to raise pressure enough to quash obstructive apnea.
One the positive side: Resmed machines are fast to attack (raise pressure.)

You may get several suggestions on setting min pressure. I like mine to be near the average pressure computed over several weeks of wide open limits. Some may suggest 2 cm-water below the 95th percentile.

So, you may wish to post the statistics page.
Also, a typical daily page showing graphs for events, flow, pressure and leak.
A good way to organize charts in sleepyhead is located at:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 03:05 PM)justMongo Wrote: Most important would be the min pressure.
By being so low, the machine has to detect several events in close temporal proximity to raise pressure enough to quash obstructive apnea.
One the positive side: Resmed machines are fast to attack (raise pressure.)

You may get several suggestions on setting min pressure. I like mine to be near the average pressure computed over several weeks of wide open limits. Some may suggest 2 cm-water below the 95th percentile.

So, you may wish to post the statistics page.
Also, a typical daily page showing graphs for events, flow, pressure and leak.
A good way to organize charts in sleepyhead is located at:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Here is a grab of my Statistics page. If there are days that look "average" to you from my post above, if you can tell me the row and column numbers I'd be happy to post Daily information as well.

I really appreciate the input.

Bill

[Image: Statistics09_12_16.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Keeping in mind that your therapy is going rather well; and there's no compelling need to make any adjustment...

Anything you do is sort of fine tuning. Do you feel starved for air when you first start out at 4 cm-water? Many people do.

Take a look at the pressure stats for last week.

I don't know your mathematics background. Let me suggest that you review this short treatise by a fellow hosehead --
http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogs...de-to.html

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much what justMongo said. Your numbers look good, and I would only add that any changes you make, make them small and slow. Give yourself time to adjust to the changes before making more.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Try posting a single typical night of detail. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

An image like this provides a lot more clues to correlate when events are occuring and if there is a pattern related to sleep stage, position or pressure. You are having pretty consistent results, and without seeing these details, I'd say you need a higher minimum APAP pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 04:07 PM)justMongo Wrote: Keeping in mind that your therapy is going rather well; and there's no compelling need to make any adjustment...

Anything you do is sort of fine tuning. Do you feel starved for air when you first start out at 4 cm-water? Many people do.

Take a look at the pressure stats for last week.

I don't know your mathematics background. Let me suggest that you review this short treatise by a fellow hosehead --
http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogs...de-to.html

No, I don't feel starved for air at 4. I prefer the pressure being lower from a comfort standpoint. My hope is to maximize good sleep and reduce fatigue. There is a lack of both. So far the machine (which I'm committed to using and hopefully mastering) has not yet proved to be a magic bullet to dreamland. I am still not refreshed.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 05:08 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Try posting a single typical night of detail. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

An image like this provides a lot more clues to correlate when events are occuring and if there is a pattern related to sleep stage, position or pressure. You are having pretty consistent results, and without seeing these details, I'd say you need a higher minimum APAP pressure.

Could you pick a night (or as many nights as you want ) from the ones above?

I'm happy to supply the images. I'll put up whatever you wish to see.

I can't choose what is "typical" based on my uninformed knowledge base. And if I can do better asking for help.....

I appreciate your sharing your experience.

Bill

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 122 Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 163 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 198 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 112 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 123 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 326 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 1,077 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.