Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand?
RE: 2nd DreamStation with a Whistle? Should I get a different brand?
Good stuff... 

The Dreamstations are not normally known for problems, good that you persevered with the DME.. and good that they didn't try to brush you off with excuses that "the whistle is normal." 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so pleased to hear your good news. That is wonderful!

I have been in touch with Philips and the machine will be taken for investigation soon and they will provide us with a temporary one. I hope it will all work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! My 3 weeks old Dreamstation is super quiet.... can't find any fault.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2017, 02:21 AM)Tahera11979 Wrote: I am so pleased to hear your good news. That is wonderful!

I have been in touch with Philips and the machine will be taken for investigation soon and they will provide us with a temporary one. I hope it will all work out.

Good luck Tahera. My newest machine is extremely quiet so I'm very happy with it. My first machine was as well but developed that clicking problem with the humidifier lid latch. 

Hopefully Phillips will give you a new replacement machine and all will be well. Keep us posted, ok?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 07:38 AM)Raven87 Wrote: Good news to report - this last machine is a quiet one! Not any whistle, no clicking, nothing at all - it is so quiet that if not for the air pressure/flow, I would not even know it was running.

Hopefully, it will stay that way. Regardless, I slept very well last night and it was wonderful.

Thanks to all who replied and to those that have a noisy DreamStation, lean on your DME to get you a replacement NEW one if you can.

That's awesome news!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Absolutely stay the course with your DME if you are having problems with your Dreamstation. We purchased one on Wed, and took it back on Fri.  Loud and constant "whooshing noise, but DH thought he heard a whistling noise as well.  We hoped it would recreate the noise at the DME and didn't until I asked them to add water to the humidifier, then it sounded like a train! We got a brand new one out of the box, and it seemed quieter than the last. (DH still thinks there is a bit of whistle to it, so we are watching for that). DH is a heavy sleeper but I finally got some sleep last night. Yeahhhhhh!   : )

I'm not the "sleeper" but I am his messenger
Wave
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2017, 07:34 AM)lmkt1 Wrote: Absolutely stay the course with your DME if you are having problems with your Dreamstation. We purchased one on Wed, and took it back on Fri.  Loud and constant "whooshing noise, but DH thought he heard a whistling noise as well.  We hoped it would recreate the noise at the DME and didn't until I asked them to add water to the humidifier, then it sounded like a train! We got a brand new one out of the box, and it seemed quieter than the last. (DH still thinks there is a bit of whistle to it, so we are watching for that). DH is a heavy sleeper but I finally got some sleep last night. Yeahhhhhh!   : )

Excellent! Glad to hear it worked out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a Dreamstation Auto from monster cpap to replace the Dreamstation brick my DME gave me. I haven't used it beyond turning it on and briefly trying it while I was at home on my lunch break. I did notice a whistle coming from it. After reading this post, I emailed Respironics about starting a warranty claim.

Question: could I typically go through Respironics for a warranty claim? Or do I need to go through monster cpap (which is in Mississauga, but I'm in Winnipeg)? Could I go through my local DME, even though they didn't provide the machine, and be the middleman between Respironics and myself?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2017, 02:07 PM)ateeluck Wrote: I just got a Dreamstation Auto from monster cpap to replace the Dreamstation brick my DME gave me.  I haven't used it beyond turning it on and briefly trying it while I was at home on my lunch break.  I did notice a whistle coming from it.  After reading this post, I emailed Respironics about starting a warranty claim.

Question: could I typically go through Respironics for a warranty claim?  Or do I need to go through monster cpap (which is in Mississauga, but I'm in Winnipeg)?  Could I go through my local DME, even though they didn't provide the machine, and be the middleman between Respironics and myself?

That's a good question but I don't have the answer. I worked mine with my DME so you want to ask the provider first? I definitely understand the geographical issue. 

Also check your manual as to what PR advises for claims and repair/replacement. I think you have to go through the DME but I could very well be wrong.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,508 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 407 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 557 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 583 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 460 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 496 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,436 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.