Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: Integral
CPAP Pressure: EPAP 10 to 10 PS 0 to 15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Former PR BiPaP @ EPAP 15 IPAP 20

Sex: Male

RE: 2nd Night with Aircurve 10 ASV
>>I would like to see a roughly 10 minute clip at 4:14 when you had those "events. It would be easier to see the nature of the events if we could see some more detail. Your machine is "working hard" which is what it does when you stop (Central Apnea) or slow down significantly (Periodic Breathing). The clusters of pressure spikes would have been coded as CA or H with a non ASV machine.<<

>>Can you show the same chart, except adjust the vertical scale on the Flow waveform so full scale is -75 to +75? We don't need to see the peaks of the Flow waveform. More important to be able to see the fine detail, with our normal in/out breathing pattern filling about half the range of the vertical scale. These apneas and hypopneas are predominantly obstructive.<<

>>The waveform at 4:15.30 has the rounded shape of periodic breathing. The rest appear to be obstructive events.<<

SLEEPYHEAD QUESTION: I am very grateful for the advice that I have received here. I am not sure that, for my particular machine, I can adjust the Vertical Scale of the Flow Waveform graph in SH. I have tried changing the preference settings without success. Does anyone having the AC10 ASV have a solution?

FORUM POSTING RULES QUESTION: Based on the advice that I have received so far, it appears that a change to some pressure settings may be necessary to further reduce apneas & hypoapneas. My next Doc appointment is April 25. My plan is to continue with my current (original) settings for another week and then post the results. After posting the results if I receive advice suggesting that I change some settings prior to my next Doc Appointment, I will consider following that advice. Being a newbie to this forum, I have a question on future posts -- Should I post the results of my next week of therapy in THIS THREAD, or should I start a new thread?
03-28-2016 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(03-28-2016 01:52 PM)marose1 Wrote:  SLEEPYHEAD QUESTION: I am very grateful for the advice that I have received here. I am not sure that, for my particular machine, I can adjust the Vertical Scale of the Flow Waveform graph in SH. I have tried changing the preference settings without success. Does anyone having the AC10 ASV have a solution?

FORUM POSTING RULES QUESTION: Being a newbie to this forum, I have a question on future posts -- Should I post the results of my next week of therapy in THIS THREAD, or should I start a new thread?

Hi Marose1,

Please feel welcome to continue using this thread to post your data, or to start a new one. Your choice.

Regarding your SleepyHead question, I don't know the answer, but I suggest you post a question in the Software Support Forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
04-09-2016 12:35 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Quote:SLEEPYHEAD QUESTION: I am very grateful for the advice that I have received here. I am not sure that, for my particular machine, I can adjust the Vertical Scale of the Flow Waveform graph in SH. I have tried changing the preference settings without success. Does anyone having the AC10 ASV have a solution?

Hover the mouse cursor over the word "Flow Rate" at the left hand side of the chart. Right click, and select "Y-axis" from the drop-down menu. Set the scaling mode to "Override" and the max and min pressures you wish to display.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-09-2016 04:40 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 31 4,962 Yesterday 09:34 AM
Last Post: _cy_
  AirCurve 10 VAUTO pogosix 7 444 09-10-2016 01:36 PM
Last Post: pogosix
  [Equipment] Camping for 7 days - AirCurve 10 ASV - battery power? Grooves McFly 21 2,790 08-31-2016 01:29 AM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,339 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  Question about generators and Aircurve 10 ASV. JVinNE 7 483 08-21-2016 09:10 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  [split] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto technical details FFOGHORN 13 712 08-17-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Angry [CPAP] ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto issues warmbear 26 1,858 08-14-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: FFOGHORN