Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2nd machine...Oscar & SD card questions
2nd machine...Oscar & SD card questions
I just received a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset to replace the Philips Dreamstation which I've been using for 4+ years.  I don't want to do anything to lose that historical data in Oscar and I also want to make I have the program ready to red the new data from Resmed.

1. Is there anything I should do from a Settings or Profile standpoint within Oscar since all my history is from Philips but going forward it will be from Resmed?
  2. My machine didn't come with an SD card.  I'd like to use the same 2GB SD card that I have been using with the Philips.  My Mac says there is still 1.8GB of space available on that card.  Will Oscar play nice with the old data volume on there or should I delete the Philips data files first?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2nd machine...Oscar & SD card questions
(06-29-2021, 12:16 PM)buddy0329 Wrote:
  1. Is there anything I should do from a Settings or Profile standpoint within Oscar since all my history is from Philips but going forward it will be from Resmed?
  2. My machine didn't come with an SD card.  I'd like to use the same 2GB SD card that I have been using with the Philips.  My Mac says there is still 1.8GB of space available on that card.  Will Oscar play nice with the old data volume on there or should I delete the Philips data files first?

1. I used a new card but did not have to change anything it just added and entry for the resmed in oscar all philips data still there.

2. I used a new card but a friend was like you.  So on his computer we made a folder and copied all of the DS contents there.  Then format the card as fat.  Then put it in the Resmed no issues.

We could have backed it all up and then tried it without formating but it was late and he needed sleep.. Dielaughing
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
First, the SD card. All CPAPs record their serial number to the card. Only one serial number per card is allowed. Also, the data structures between the two brands is totally different. This means that the Resmed will reformat your SD card and wipe out all the previous data. I suggest that you copy the current data to a protected area of your computer before proceeding with the swap over.

From a cautionary standpoint, I would create a new user profile for the Resmed. Its data reporting is different compared to a Philips machine and may cause problems. You could then import the Resmed data to the new profile and then try importing it under your current username. Compare the two days for consistency before proceeding.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2021, 12:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: From a cautionary standpoint, I would create a new user profile for the Resmed.  Its data reporting is different compared to a Philips machine and may cause problems.  You could then import the Resmed data to the new profile and then try importing it under your current username.  Compare the two days for consistency before proceeding.

Oh awesome to know.  Maybe the program could prompt you to create a new profile if the machine is different on first import.  I will go create a new profile.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I have successfully separated the data and the profiles thanks CN
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I offloaded the Philips data files from the SD card and erased the card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 236 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 509 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,755 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 637 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 841 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,489 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.