Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

2nd night after adjustments
Grin 
2nd night after adjustments
results pressure 10 so max pressure/ .95 =10.5
leak 10- leaks were above 10 for 23.1 minutes
AHI .3 x usage 7.7=2.31 total events
AI .2 x usage 7.7=1.54 total apneas
CAI .2 x usage 7.7 1.54 central apneas

HI=AHI-AI= 2.31-1.54= .77
HI x Usage .77-7.7=5.92 or ~6 events

when I did my home test they told me I had 19 per hour

so should I increase pressure .5 cm each night to see if that decreases the 6 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 2nd night after adjustments
(11-09-2013, 07:13 AM)dfstarman Wrote: so should I increase pressure .5 cm each night to see if that decreases the 6 ?
Our sleep is not exactly the same night after night after night.

You need a few nights at each setting for the body to settle in to the setting and also to get some data on the good nights as well as the not-so-good nights.

As a suggestion: After each adjustment, you should leave the new settings in place for a week or so to gather enough data to properly evaluate what to do next.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah. You don't make adjustments that quickly. Give it at least a week, hopefully longer. You are looking for trends. You'll start seeing what is your "normal" range. If your "normal" is too high, then make adjustments. Wait another week or more. Evaluate again. It can take a while but that's fine! It is giving your body and brain time to adjust to all this new stuff and this new concept called "uninterrupted sleep".
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
What the machine set at (AutoSet or CPAP) and at what settings?

also whats pressure (if set on auto) and leaks stats (median, 95% percentile and maximum)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 07:13 AM)dfstarman Wrote: HI=AHI-AI= 2.31-1.54= .77
HI x Usage .77-7.7=5.92 or ~6 events

6 hypopneas per night is pretty good going. You might want to check when they're occurring. I get quite a few hypopneas, but they're invariably straight after I start using at night, or when I come back from a pit stop. So my guess is they're happening while I'm still awake or just transitioning to sleep - in which case I don't think they are worth trying to chase down.
Post Reply Post Reply
For an example, my AHI is considered to be 'wonderful' if it is less than 10.0
My AI is also considered wonderful if it is less than 2.0

Note, both numbers are higher than what most consider to be 'good'. But then again, the true goal here is to keep your O2 levels in a good range, and get good sleep at the same time. My untreated OSA was so bad it did heart damage, and I woke ill and with headaches daily for the first four hours every morning. So perspective does play a role here.

Chasing numbers can create stress. How are you sleeping? A week from now (leaving everything at these settings), ask yourself if you are sleeping better or not? And, like others have said - look for your average numbers...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 06:49 PM)zonk Wrote: What the machine set at (AutoSet or CPAP) and at what settings?

also whats pressure (if set on auto) and leaks stats (median, 95% percentile and maximum)

autoset 6-10, leaks 0,10.8, 163.2

pressure 7.3,10.0,10.0
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 07:13 AM)dfstarman Wrote: results pressure 10 so max pressure/ .95 =10.5

(11-09-2013, 10:16 PM)dfstarman Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 06:49 PM)zonk Wrote: What the machine set at (AutoSet or CPAP) and at what settings?

autoset 6-10, leaks 0,10.8, 163.2

pressure 7.3,10.0,10.0

Hi dfstarman, welcome to the forum!

The "95% Pressure" is the 95 percentile pressure, which means 95% of the time the pressure was at or below 10.

Your numbers mean your machine was maxed out (at its allowed limit of 10 cm H2O) at least 5% of the time.

Here are two things you can do:

1. Increase the allowed pressure range (for example, 6 to 10.5) to see whether the pressure still maxes out and perhaps needs to be allowed to go higher. (Personally, if I were using ResScan or SleepyHead to look at the time plot of how the pressure varied each hour of the night, and if I had an auto-adjusting machine which reports how many Central Apneas occur, I would be tempted to raise the top end of the pressure 0.5 cm H2O per night until the machine stops maxing out, and then slow down and wait a week or even a month between adjustments.)

2.) Do something to lower how much pressure is needed, for example by making sure you stay off your back while asleep, because that is the sleep position which usually requires the highest pressure. (I wear a teeshirt with a tennis ball in a pocket sewn right between the shoulder blades; it really works.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your responses much appreciated this is a great forum
Post Reply Post Reply
Where can u get Res scan?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 490 58 minutes ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,806 1 hour ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 869 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto - Adjustments sleepy9994 11 1,361 10-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Air pressure adjustments Jeromer 14 1,362 10-12-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.