Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3-4 Cups of COFFEE good for you!
RE: 3-4 Cups of COFFEE good for you!
Never saw anchovies presented in such an appealing fashion.

I have seen them perched on top of pizzas primarily, so perhaps my view and opinion of them has been distorted.   Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Perchas -

Tapas and turkish coffee?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2018, 12:42 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Perchas -

Tapas and turkish coffee?

I tried Turkish coffee twice, both of them confirmed that my palate is not for chewing ground coffee grounds.

With regard to the "tapa", it can be declared next year Intangible Heritage of Humanity by Unesco.

This year we have received eighty million tourists, they are to blame for the increase in popularity of "Tapas", if you ever taste them I assure you that you will be a new fan of this informal way of eating "Vamos a Tapear" or "ir de Tapeo".

A tapa in Spain is essentially an aperitif that is served in most bars or restaurants accompanying the drink (alcoholic or not). This itinerant consumption (local, consumption and new premises) is called tapas, or tapas. In many regions of Spain it is quite common to go out for dinner or to eat on weekends based on tapas, a form of eating commonly referred to as snacks or.

Tapas have become a sign of Spanish identity and are offered at the reception banquets to the highest dignitaries (in the so-called tapas meeting) In modern times there are bars that offer tapas specialities and this phenomenon has been called miniature cuisine. However, the concept of tapa has been taken to the haute cuisine by chef Ferran Adrià (four Michelin stars) who uses them as appetizers.

[Image: 800px-Alcachofa-Tomate_Cherry_0876.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Tapas_marte%C3%B1as.jpg]

It has become customary to be given a "pinchito" when you order a beer, in this case a sardine in oil with olives, there are countless combinations

[Image: 800px-Sardina_y_Ca%C3%B1a_097.jpg]

Have you started salibating?

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fd3f5rf6vpkkro...24797e7440]

If some people decide to come to Madrid for a visit, please do not hesitate to contact me, I will take you to Madrid for tapas.
"¡Por España!/ y el que quiera defenderla/ honrado muera/ y el traidor que la abandone/ no encuentre quien le perdone/ ni cobijo en Tierra Santa/ ni una cruz en sus despojos / ni la mano de un buen hijo/ para cerrarle los ojos". 

"For Spain! / And whoever wants to defend it / honored die / and the traitor who abandons it / does not find who forgives / does not find shelters in the Holy Land / or a christian cross in its human waste / or the hand of a good son / to close his eyes. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2018, 10:42 AM)Perchas Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:10 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: ... and within reach of every pizzeria when I was growing up here in Illinois.... unfortunately.  Slimy little buggers, they are.  Gimme pepperoni or Italian sausage every time over that stuff.  God never made fish to sit atop of a pizza, IMHO.

Too-funny

Those that you mention are anchovies in salted salt, they were not made to be put on top of a pizza, the ones we make in the north of Spain are to eat them in sandwiches or as a "tapa" pricked with a stick and an olive. I promise you that when I go to the USA I will give you a small can and explain how to taste it, change your mind.

[Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fcantabriaenlam...d8e906ae0b]

Or in a rustic and crispy bread sandwich on top of a good tomato rolls and sprinkled with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

[Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Felmejorbocadil...95302f43ce]

"Gildas" with a sweet green chile, between three olives "Manzanillas".

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fthumbs.dreams...eae03878e1]

I assure all of you that you would change your mind if you tried this delicacy of Gourmets.

I think I'll have to open a new thread on Mediterranean food, we're usurping the thread of good coffee.
Sure looks and sounds good! Bring us all a sample Dielaughing
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
How To Attach Images And Files to your posts
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer

It is what it is. But, it will be what you make it.
Pat Summitt
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(02-24-2018, 10:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 07:07 PM)Perchas Wrote: This has been our dinner today, fried anchovies in AOVE (virgin Olive Oil) is a small blue fish which with sardine are the major contributors of the necessary in important polyunsaturated fatty acids, Omega 3. This food is one of the causes of our longevity.

A flavor full of fullness, exquisited, only within reach of Greeks, Italians and Spaniards that is where these little fishes would be seen.

Me parece que es muy popular entre lost gatos del vecino. Qual vino te gusts con los pescaditos?

The wine that I am passionate about is Portuguese "Vinho Verde" Casal Garcia , with rice (Paella) , fish and seafood, very cold, with a slight bubbles.

[Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.casalgarci...89c91bacff]
"¡Por España!/ y el que quiera defenderla/ honrado muera/ y el traidor que la abandone/ no encuentre quien le perdone/ ni cobijo en Tierra Santa/ ni una cruz en sus despojos / ni la mano de un buen hijo/ para cerrarle los ojos". 

"For Spain! / And whoever wants to defend it / honored die / and the traitor who abandons it / does not find who forgives / does not find shelters in the Holy Land / or a christian cross in its human waste / or the hand of a good son / to close his eyes. 
Post Reply Post Reply
That "Vinho Verde" from Casal Garcia is excellent!  My wife and I wandered through parts of Spain a couple of years ago.  "I've never seen you eat so much fish!" she said.  They really are that good. And the anchovies are unlike anything you will find on a pizza in North America and probably unlike anything you would find here unless imported.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2018, 01:21 AM)chill Wrote: That "Vinho Verde" from Casal Garcia is excellent!  My wife and I wandered through parts of Spain a couple of years ago.  "I've never seen you eat so much fish!" she said.  They really are that good. And the anchovies are unlike anything you will find on a pizza in North America and probably unlike anything you would find here unless imported.  

Whenever I visit a new country, the first thing I visit is its food markets, where they indicate what they eat, Spain is the second largest consumer of fish in the world after Japan.

In Phoenix AZ there is a Gourmet food chain called Aj's. there I have bought Casal Garcia at 5,00 US$, you can also find the anchovies of the Cantabrian.

No one in the world produces salted fish better than those of northern Spain, the Swedes, Norwegians and Danes make salted fish but they taste strongly of fish, it is unpleasant, the effect is that of anchovies over a Pizza.

Consorcio, Albo, Ortiz, are the best quality, lthe ones made in La Escala, Gerona are very similar to the ones put in the pizzas, the Italians have tried to imitate us, they can't, they lack the raw material.

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fs3-eu-west-1....5e74a48c9b]

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Tapas are also a popular dish here in the U.S. among Argentine Tango dance enthusiasts. The tend to go for Malbec rather than Vinho Verde.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 01:06 AM)sallytalbot Wrote: But I  have heard that drinking coffee on empty stomach is not good for health.

Have a couple of Krispy Kreme donuts with your coffee. BOOM, problem solved. Licklips
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question COFFEE POLL - how do you drink it? SuperSleeper 66 1,718 02-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Keurig coffee machine GrammaBear 26 2,389 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Thumbsup The COFFEE Thread SuperSleeper 62 5,891 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Really neat Christmas feel-good story.... S.L. Ping Beauty 0 517 12-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Feel-good story of the day: Thanksgiving Grandma... S.L. Ping Beauty 0 545 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Feel-good story of the day: Walmart Cashier... S.L. Ping Beauty 5 782 11-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 1,001 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.