Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3/4 Prone Sleeping Position - Best Mask?
RE: 3/4 Prone Sleeping Position - Best Mask?
My mother uses the mask with the air hose connected to the top of her head. Instead of straps on the mask, it is tubing. Her mask stays in place better, as the mask with the top strap was slipping off her head too much (the kind of mask with the tube coming off the front of her face). Strap would always slip, and air hose sliding off of bed would pull mask askew.

I tuck folded towels under the sides of her pillow, just where support is needed, so that her head does not roll where she does not want it to.

I, myself, sleep, in the same position you described, and used folded towels and squashed up blankets to keep my head, elbows, knees and ankles supported. (I do not use a CPAP or other machine, just need to sleep with supports under joints.)
====
Am caring for nonagenarian parents:  one uses a ResMed Airsense 11, and the other a ResMed Astral 150, full face masks, oxygen, humidifiers, modems.

Anyone else caring for very elderly loved ones?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3/4 Prone Sleeping Position - Best Mask?
I sleep in position similar to you and I move around too much. Have been using the Phillips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask Cushion. This is also called an under nose FFM. It has the tube on top of the head gear. Make sure to follow the mask fitting instructions on this site - improper tension causes leaks. You might even try re-adjusting your current setup-sounds like a common problem regarding leaks. Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 185 Yesterday, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 359 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 184 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 650 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,101 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 1,002 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 293 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.