Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months Until Sleep Study
RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study
Thanks Dave! Is this it?
[Commercial Link Removed] Search Facebook Marketplace for item, 370615064006688

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
For your information there are 4-AirSense 10 models, CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, and AutoSet for Her.  The Autoset or Autoset for Her are the models you would want.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson. And sorry for posting the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, the machine you linked to on FB Marketplace was an Autoset, and is the recommended model.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you SR.

Update on sleep study. I called the VA sleep lab to verify my sleep study as my primary doctor said he'd put me in for one and told me the wait time is approximately 3 months. The lab said that they are currently not doing in lab testing right now due to covid and they have a long waitlist at that. They recommended a home sleep study. As I stated in my initial post, I tried a home study a couple of years back and had a bad experience with it. The lab told me that this test is different. I ended up doing it. They are providing home testing with a device called a WatchPAT ONE. I liked it because there were no tubes in my nose. Are these tests fairly accurate? I did the test Wednesday night. I am going to call on Monday to make sure the results were uploaded correctly.

Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never used a home sleep study, but it appears they can be fairly accurate. It's within acceptable accuracy for common obstructive apnea, I'm not certain however on the accuracy of Central Apnea. I have quite heavy CA (and COPD), so I'd think a home study would be more inaccurate for me than others likely including yourself.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. Smile Should have the results early next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, keep us updated. Be sure to request your own detailed copy of the sleep study results. You can scan your test into the PC and then attach that onto a post for us to review. If you do so, redact personal info.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. Thanks again Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, thought I would be receiving my sleep study results today, but no dice. The VA tends to be a bit difficult to deal with at times, but who am I to complain. I'll try to get a hold of them tomorrow. But I have a concern while waiting for the results. The past several nights have been horrible. I know there's not much help I can get w/o study results, but maybe this is an issue someone has had. I've read about SWJ. And that is I feel I am experiencing when falling asleep. But now I am hypersensitive to it and as soon as I'm falling asleep and my breathing "seems" to get shallow or possibly even stop, I jolt back awake. But I've also jolted awake as I was falling asleep by a very quick in and out gasp. I mean like a split second. It's really weird. I'm guessing this could be part of the SWJ?

Anyhow, the ResMed is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I will be using the ResMed N20 as my first mask. I'm a little apprehensive about using this mask as I have a pretty impressive deviated septum and thin nasal passages. But I have recently read about the benefits of nasal breathing and really hope it works out. Any recommendations for other masks?

Thanks again Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 91 5 hours ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 254 Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,339 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 355 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 206 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,250 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 833 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.