Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months Until Sleep Study
RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study
Thanks Dave! Is this it?
[Commercial Link Removed] Search Facebook Marketplace for item, 370615064006688

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
For your information there are 4-AirSense 10 models, CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, and AutoSet for Her.  The Autoset or Autoset for Her are the models you would want.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson. And sorry for posting the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, the machine you linked to on FB Marketplace was an Autoset, and is the recommended model.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thank you SR.

Update on sleep study. I called the VA sleep lab to verify my sleep study as my primary doctor said he'd put me in for one and told me the wait time is approximately 3 months. The lab said that they are currently not doing in lab testing right now due to covid and they have a long waitlist at that. They recommended a home sleep study. As I stated in my initial post, I tried a home study a couple of years back and had a bad experience with it. The lab told me that this test is different. I ended up doing it. They are providing home testing with a device called a WatchPAT ONE. I liked it because there were no tubes in my nose. Are these tests fairly accurate? I did the test Wednesday night. I am going to call on Monday to make sure the results were uploaded correctly.

Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never used a home sleep study, but it appears they can be fairly accurate. It's within acceptable accuracy for common obstructive apnea, I'm not certain however on the accuracy of Central Apnea. I have quite heavy CA (and COPD), so I'd think a home study would be more inaccurate for me than others likely including yourself.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sleep study(sorry long post) Johnejust 4 143 11-28-2020, 02:56 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  need interpretation of sleep study data JenniferJuniper 17 426 11-26-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  using cpap during winter months cpapnovice 10 282 11-26-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Diagnosis] Negative sleep study, still ordered a CPAP Anargy 35 929 11-20-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  attaching a 2.01 MB sleep study, 7 page Rich66 1 111 11-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  When asking for a sleep study copy greatunclebill 3 159 10-31-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 12 391 10-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dapal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.