Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months Until Sleep Study
RE: 3 Months Until Sleep Study
Just making sure, are you asking about as stated Flow Rate? Unless you're zoomed in, I don't think you'll see roller coaster as presented anyway. If however you meant the Leak Rate with green trace lines, yes that is up/down roller coaster-ish. It indicates you need to work on that aspect, either depending on the leak source of mask adjusting or fit, or a mouth leak that needs controlled.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With pressure at 8-12 with EPR 3 your event rate is exceptionally low. There is nothing in the statistical data to suggest you need to make any changes. The flow rate spikes are actually not that frequent, and the question that must be asked is, data aside, is there anything you feel is missing or uncomfortable? We can zoom in on the spike at 4:35 and see what leads up to that spike. Try to identify in in a zoomed view of the flow rate where this spike happens, and zoom into a 2 or 3 minute period ahead of it that includes it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Roller coaster was a bad term. I thought it looked a bit erratic. And it seems I do have mouth leaks despite taping my mouth shut. I've got a chin strap. But I was hoping to avoid it.

Thank Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2020, 05:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: With pressure at 8-12 with EPR 3 your event rate is exceptionally low. There is nothing in the statistical data to suggest you need to make any changes.  The flow rate spikes are actually not that frequent, and   the question that must be asked is, data aside, is there anything you feel is missing or uncomfortable?  We can zoom in on the spike at 4:35 and see what leads up to that spike.  Try to identify in in a zoomed view of the flow rate where this spike happens, and zoom into a 2 or 3 minute period ahead of it that includes it.

Hi SR! Is this what you were talking about?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good chart! That is increasing flow limitation leading into recovery breathing. There is obstruction, but not very severe. That qualifies as an arousal, but I don't see a lot of it through the night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SR!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone! I pray you are having a great Christmas season. Smile

I have moved to the F20 to try out for a little while as I was starting to open my mouth quite a bit with the N20. I didn't think I'd care for a full face mask, but it's actually pretty nice.

I had a short period of time last night where I had a small series of OAs followed by a RERA and a hypopnea. I know it's relatively low, but I am still a little concerned as this is the first time this has happened like this. I did wake up on my back around this time last night. Do you think a cervical collar may fix this? Or should I just stay off the supine position? I know this is trial and error. But I am wondering if the graphs tell a story on the nature of the OAs.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a collar can help. About 04:00 was a probable cluster of the hypopneas. It's not much about numbers but your rest and comfort. If comfort was found wanting, then consider some thing to make it better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Dave. I have been feeling pretty rested. Smile

Have an awesome Christmas!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, glad to hear it. Happiest Christmas and New Year to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 226 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.