Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Months on CPAP, still tired despite Dr saying my apnea is controlled
Angry 
RE: 3 Months on CPAP, still tired despite Dr saying my apnea is controlled
"You might just be one of those unfortunately kind of unlucky people that just don't have great sleep"
- An actual doctor from my latest phone appointment today

Now I feel hopeless. Once again paid no mind to me mentioning trying different machines or anything. He kept mentioning that it could be this or that which I told him had all been ruled out already. Also kept pushing on talking to my family doctor about trying different medication for anxiety when I clearly told him that it has been treated and under control for over 4 months now.

Is this really it? I have to live with the fact that I will never feel great again? Or that at least once a week I wake up with fatigue, dizziness feelings and tingling in my legs that is bad enough to make me call in sick to work?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 Months on CPAP, still tired despite Dr saying my apnea is controlled
Update: While I wait for the TBD appointment with an ENT, I figured that I should start to titrate my pressure up to see if I can actually straighten out my flow rate and lower the flow limitations. 

I’ve been having some luck with the Modafinil after deciding to try it again. I’ll keep working with my doctor on the sleepiness/fatigue. 

Also got a new mask, the F30i and I love it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 172 2 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 252 Yesterday, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 458 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 108 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 831 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 278 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 746 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.