Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 nights on APAP, I want to sleep all the time
RE: 3 nights on APAP, I want to sleep all the time
I like to use the analogy that apnea/sleep deprivation/oxygen deprivation/stress is a bit like alcohol, drugs, or smoking.

Your body adjusts to it and adjusts your metabolism, body chemistry, nervous system, etc. When you stop having apnea "pushing" at you, your body and brain are soft of "out of balance" for a while until you readjust.

Think of how your body craves alcohol, tobacco, or drugs if you quit.

You may also simply not sleep well with all the strange stuff attached to you for a while. Even if you're asleep, you may not get the right sleep stages your body needs at first.

However, there can also be some "real" causes, so stay on top of it, especially if it continues.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 745 7 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 112 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 255 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,213 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 140 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 75 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.