Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 sleep studies in 3 years
3 sleep studies in 3 years
hi my insurance wants me to have another sleep study to see if i still need oxygen.
is that normal to have that many sleep study tests?
first test was one year,  second next year two years later I will be having another sleep test.
the first test was year one, second test second year, two years later another test.
just to see if i still need oxygen..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 sleep studies in 3 years
Every insurance company is different. I'd say though that sounds a bit much. If you have a condition that won't change for the better you might want to talk to your Doctor about writing the insurance company and explaining this. Not sure if it'll help though. Sometimes insurance companies will spend a $1000 to save 1 dollar.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, actually that is unusual. Why do they believe your problem is temporary? Contact the insurance company and ask for an explanation. They may pay for the study, but you have to take time off from your family and life to do this study and you want to know why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be a little skeptical. If you were told by a DME that your insurance requires another test, ask the insurer directly for that decision in writing. Ask your doctor that prescribes the oxygen to appeal the additional test requirement. Many people are told their insurance requires testing for approval, but it's common for this to be driven by a documentation issue between the doctor and DME.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  HELP WITH SLEEP STUDIES PLEASE Johnny Bravo 17 1,012 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Johnny Bravo
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 180 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,019 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 681 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.