Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dewberry Therapy Thread: Autoset 11 to Aircurve 10 ASV
RE: 3 weeks in and struggling
I went from the Air Sense 11 APAP to the Air Curve 10 ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 weeks in and struggling
I have been doing fairly well until the last three weeks. suddenly my AHI increases like crazy.
I change the EPAP down to 6 from 8 and AHI is good for a few days then increases again.
I change the pressure from 6 to 7 and again my AHI is good for a few days.
I end back up at 8 EPAP and good for a few days.
I tried leaving it on the same setting for a week when AHI climbed and it progressively climbed to over 20.
Anyone have any ideas as to the cause?
I am attaching a couple of screen grabs as it looks like I am mouth breathing with a full face mask or
is this PP.
Appreciate any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dewberry Therapy Thread: Autoset 11 to Aircurve 10 ASV
Dewberry, I have changed the title of this thread to reflect the change from an Airsense 11 to ASVauto at post 36. The previous title did not capture the significant changes that have happened here.

A review of your recent results show your machine is delivering significant pressure support, but there is no response. In my opinion, this is obstructive, and likely positional. With an open airway, we would see a faster response to the pressure support to trigger a breath. What I see now is a gradually diminishing flow and gradually increasing PS with a very non-compliant airway. Once pressure support reaches a very high level, a breath occurs, and the ASV backs off and the cycle starts again. This might take some time to figure out. It looks like a higher PS min may be needed, or maybe a positional correction. Not sure yet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The time period I posted I was definitely sleeping on my side.
Wife said I never moved off my side till around 0200.
The two I am posting is were I partially shifted on to my back to relieve the pressure on my hips.
As the graph show, lots of Hypopneas.
I am going to raise my EPAP to 7 tonight and most likely my numbers will drop.

Post Reply Post Reply
I missed adding the other attachment.

My current PS setting is Min 2 Max 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take a look at results with higher EPAP. Have you tried higher PS min at 3.0?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your time and effort!

I will up the PS to 3 and EPAP to 7 and post results tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 on raising the epap. We need to get you breathing!

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last night's numbers, it didn't go so well.

I didn't expect it to go this bad.

Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV completely removed the central events, and the remainder of what we are seeing appears to be positional obstructive apnea. When you were using the Autoset, the obstructive events never resolved, even with high pressure. So central apnea is resolved, and we are now focused on the obstructive component. Based on your Autoset experience, we already know that we can raise your pressure to near 20 and not resolve those events. Increasing EPAP is the right thing to do for obstructive events, but I would prefer to see you resolve the positional events with a different collar or whatever it takes. Feel free to titrate EPAP min upwards, but do try to work on keeping your airway from being positionally obstructed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,343 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 108 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.