Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 weeks in
3 weeks in
Doing Great now sleeping a solid 8 hrs on a weekend and 5 during the week ( working at 3 am )

Found a Full face mask that works good
Now the Bad

Wife says i am still snoring when on my back ( Tec says he might increase the pressure )

Now i have Gas like lots of It coming out of all open orifices

the Tec guy says its normal and we need to reduce the pressure

So its a Catch 22

Oh which one to pick Dont-knowDont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 weeks in
The gas will go away. It is common. You could try to elevate the head of your bed.

When you lay on your back, your machine has to fight gravity. There's a few things you can do.

- wait it out until the gas goes away then increase the pressure
- increase the pressure now while you are already going though the gas thing
- sew a little pocket into a tshirt and put a tennis ball in it. That will help you to not lay on your back
- just wait to see what happens.

If your machine is data capable, what does the data tell you? If you are snoring but the AHI is low, don't worry about it.

Glad you are sleeping though!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Its a compromise. Some folk said raising the head of the bed by couple of inches (bricks) helps with gas
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guys

raising the head of the bed by couple of inches ( Done the wife will never know)

sew a little pocket into a tshirt and put a tennis ball in it. ( Done this one could be harder to get used to than the machine it self i am a Naked sort of sleeper )

machine is data capable (not yet) no card reader at home will find out next week when i go in and the Tec guys read the card chip-and hopefully my AHI is low

- just wait to see what happens. On with it a work in progress

Thanks Guys
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8khdmoTEF9NQo46ly1Xm...7Yej_G5b1Q] inside [Image: bumbag.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
now that's a idea thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2012, 07:53 PM)britincanada Wrote: now that's a idea thanks
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQboN612X90VOoyMEWgCf...7xcwJ69CTi]

Post Reply Post Reply
Eat-popcorn
(09-17-2012, 07:53 PM)britincanada Wrote: now that's a idea thanks

Now that is a good idea but don't make it a fashion statement.

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Well i got the Gas Sorted now i got nose Sores my face size is on the Small to medium line so having issues with the Masks

So i went back to the hospital today

Gave me Fisher & Paykel Forma Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Had a nap this afternoon 1 1/2 hrs It sits higher up on the Nose But boy it needs to be tight to avoid the leaks

And gave me a Medium Size Quattro™ FX with Gecko Nasal Pad to try

Still lots to learn here but i am not give-in in
the benefits are way too great to lose
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 533 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 216 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 160 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 206 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,688 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 794 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 356 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.