Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Z1 travel cpap
Z1 travel cpap
I use a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV and am very happy with it. The pressure setting is 4 - 10. I get additional oxygen from a concentrator because I live at 7000 ft.
My AHI is always well below 3 and mostly below 2.
Because of my frequent travels I bought a "travel" APAP, the Z1 Auto. I have been testing it out at the same settings and the same oxygen supply, but I can't get the AHI below 7 and wake up often grasping for air.
Should I tweak the minimum and/or maximum pressure settings on this machine to get better results?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Z1 travel cpap
I don't think an APAP can be expected to do the work of an ASV, no matter how you tweak it, although it doesn't hurt to try. I guess if you're not away for long periods, it's better than nothing. You can put up with AHI=7 for a few days at a time, especially if the rest of the time you're getting good restorative sleep. But if your trips are long, it'd probably be better to lug your a ASV along.

I used to leave my CPAP at home for short trips and just use a mouthpiece. It was a very partial solution but I could put up with it. Note I just bring the machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zandman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You aren’t getting optimal therapy with your Z1. The ASV is more extensive; to get the most out of your therapy, it would be better if you could take the ASV machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I cant comment on the ASV vs APAP but one thing which may help is using a full size hose with the Z1. I found that I felt starved for air using the mini travel hose that ships with the unit. The larger hose will quiet down a little as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,745 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,289 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 459 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 777 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,103 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.