Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 weeks of use. SH data any advice would be appreciated
3 weeks of use. SH data any advice would be appreciated
I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and have been using the machine each night. I had to up my min pressure from 5-7 and was able to get my AHI under 1 each night but I'm not feeling very refreshed nor do I feel I have more energy during the day. I was hoping if I posted my numbers here, you may notice if I need to make some changes.

Here are some screen shots of my last 3 nights. Could you look over them and tell me what you think. Any changes you think I need to make or any issues you may see. I changed the graph to show what another poster said is the important info.

Thanks in advance!
Kim

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 weeks of use. SH data any advice would be appreciated
I compared yours to mine and the flow limit graph stands out. In the past week I have not had flow limits above 0.25 and many of the ones I have had triggered an increase in pressure.
Now what to do about them is beyond my level to say, but there are many here with much more experience that I am sure will offer suggestions.

Hang in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your minimum pressure is 7.0, but your median pressure is 13.42. I would raise the minimum pressure to something like 11.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Sleepster about raising minimum pressure.
Even though your AHI is low, you are experiencing many RERA's and FL. A pressure closer to your medium pressure should help elimate some of those.

RERAs are arousals from sleep that do not meet the definitions of apneas or hypopneas, but do disrupt sleep. They are abrupt transitions from a deeper stage of sleep to a shallower. May explain why you are tired.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will up the pressure tonight. I started with 5, that the dr had as the low and moved it up to 7. Wasn't sure if it was ok to move it up more. I would really love a good nights sleep. fingers crossed!! MY AHI was over 40 before APAP.

Kim
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2016, 05:57 PM)giagray Wrote: Thanks I will up the pressure tonight. I started with 5, that the dr had as the low and moved it up to 7. Wasn't sure if it was ok to move it up more. I would really love a good nights sleep. fingers crossed!! MY AHI was over 40 before APAP.

I wouldn't try to jump from 7 to 11 in one night. I'd increase by at most 1cm per night and see how it feels.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi giagray,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck getting it fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you aren't sleeping on your side, do so for a night or two and see how it treats you. Apnea is nearly always worse when sleeping flat on your back. Side sleeping can prevent the pressure excursions that may be disturbing you and preventing you from getting the proper rest even though your AHI number is low.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help. I do sleep on my left side always and hardly ever on my back. I turned my min settings up last night to 8 and my AHI went from below 1 to 1.5 and my flow was still up and down. I was so surprised because I felt so much better this AM I didn't even need my alarm to get me up, which is rare. The mask seal felt better at an 8 and I had almost no leaks. I know it will take more than one night to adjust, just hope it works. Could my AHI going up just be a fluke?
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI will go up and down, just take it slow. This is where looking at your data will tell you what went up. Was it more Obstructives, hypopneas?

Your minimum pressure should be around your medium pressure or 2 to 3cm below your 95% number. This is something you will have to watch for awhile.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 507 4 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 69 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 210 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,450 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 95 2,618 04-05-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 165 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.